Chapter 12~Spade

(Spade's P.O.V)

"I got the a call from the lab!" Nate yells. "I'm going to go them I'll be back in thrity." Nate heads out the door and to his car. After he leaves I decide to go back to the abandon house where Jezebel and I stayed I thought maybe I could find some clues to where she might be. I take a taxi to the house.

I pay the driver and exit the car. "Thanks," I walk up to house and enter. Who could've took you and why? My thoughts weren't exactly focused on the task at hand, I knew it was vampire that took her but his scent was unfamiliar I continued to search the house for hours with no luck until my nose catches a wiff of blood and a dead soul. I follow the somewhat fresh smell until it leads me to a dead woman I bend down and sniff her to see if she might be linked to Jezebel's disappearance unfortunately she wasn't.

Bam!

Someone kicks the door in I quickly stand up and phase into my demonic form.

"Freeze and put your hands where I can see them!," The officer shouts. I quickly turn around and use my nails to scratch his face. "I need back up we have a dead women and her attacker." As I run out into streets I can here the police sirens whaling in the distance. I dart up to the roof and begin running, the police start shooting, the bullets miss. I jump down into the alley below where I think I can lose them but a cop was waiting at the other end he fires his gun at me. "Ugh!" The bullet hits my shoulder. I continue to run until I find a sewer, I dive in and follow it out to a lake. While I was still in my demonic form I claw the bullet out of my skin then turn back into a human. "Shit I need a phone!" I say out loud. I sit on the grass and look around until I spot a house, I stand up and walk to the house.

Ding, dong.

"Who is it?"

"Ummm can I use your phone?" The door slightly opens.

The teenage girl peeps at me. "This isn't my house I'm just the babysitter."

"Please?," I flash her my best smile. "I don't have to come in I'll stand right here and call."

"Alright I'll be back." She closes and locks the door then comes back and hands me the phone through the crack in the door.

I grab the phone from her. "Thanks I'll knock when I'm done." I dial Nates number.

"Hello." Nate says.

"Hi it's me Nate."

"Dude where the fuck are you!"

"I need you to come pick me up I'm at 3456 spruce lane."

"Ummm alright that's far but I'll be there in one hour."

"Okay. Thanks see you then."

"Kay." After Nate hangs up I knock on the door.

"I'm done." I hand her the phone then sit on the steps ten minutes later she comes outside.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?," I shake my head no we sit there for awhile in silence. "So how old are you?"

"I'm eighteen what about you?"

"My name is Trisha and I'm sixteen." She smiles at me. " Is that your ride?"

"Yes and thanks again." I stand up and head to the car.

"Hi Spade." Nate rolls his eyes at me.

"Hey," The rest of the car ride was silent I wanted to ask him about the results on my needle but I knew Nate was pissed. We arrive back at his apartment Nate sits on the sofa and looks at me. "What?" I cross my arms in front of me.

"Nothing I have your results."

"Okay well tell me."

"It's some type of steroid mixed with wolf and jackal blood. You know most people wouldn't be able to survive this injection especially if they took it everyday."

"Okay thanks," I grab for the needle but Nate puts it back in his bag.

"Nate I need that needle back."

"Are you going to tell me what's going on with you or not?" Nate stands up and walks toward the door.

"No!"

Nate opens the door. "Fine then get out!"

"What?"

"I said get the fuck out!" Nate throws the needle to me.

"You can't be serious!?" Nate grabs my stuff and throws it out into the hall.

"Very go!"

Tears form in my eyes. "Fine if that's what you want." I leave his apartment and walk outside. I could hear Nate crying from his open window. I walk down the streets until I find an old abandon motel I kick the door down then throw my stuff on the floor. Tears begin to roll down my cheeks.