Chapter 20~Vega

I've been stuck in my room trying to figure a way out for at least a week but have had no luck. "Ugh!" I shout then sit on my bed. I'm running out of options and time I think to myself as I begin to pace the room, the windows are bared with unbreakable iron, can't use the door because Felix is guarding it.

"Felix please let me out."

"Your not the head of the hunters anymore...I'm sorry Vega." I lie down on my king sized bed and take a short slumber.

*******

"Felix! Felix!" I shout as Felix busts in my room.

"Vega! Vega! We need some help in here." He rushes over to me once he gets close enough I jump up and break his neck. I lie Felix in my bed then grab my trench coat and cautiously head out of my bedroom  door.

"Here we come Felix!" I hear Seth shout, I quickly dodge into a corner and watch Seth go past.

Once he has past me I quickly exit out the back door. I run to my car. "Shit," I whisper. "Seth has my car keys," As I look around then teleport into my car. Just as I was about to hotwire my car the grounds alarm sounds. "Shit Seth what did you do to my car!" I quickly teleport back out of car after I pop the hood. "Here we go!" I put the distributor cap back on then hotwire my car.

"Stop her!" I hear Seth shout as they begin to shoot.

I quickly spin my car around and cut across the lawn one of the guards jumps on my car, aims his gun, and begins to shoot I slam on the breaks which send him flying across the lawn. I drive through the back gates and down the street to Jay's house I knew if I didn't get him Seth would kill him. About two hours later I arrive at his place. I teleport into his bedroom. "Jay you have to wake up we've gotta go!"

"What? Why?"

"I'll explain later get up we have to hurry." I pull the covers back.

"Alright, Alright let me just get my a few things." He runs to his library.

"Jay we don't have time for this Seth and the others will be here soon."

"I can't just leave my books here please grab those four bags and pour the books into them."

"Alright fine." I quickly speed around the room pouring all the books into the bags.

"Okay Jay do you have everything."

"Yeah let's go." As we exit his house I see the hunters car in the distance. Jay and I quickly enter the car.

"Here you go Jay." I hand him my UV laser.

"Whoa Vega what am I suppose to do with this?"

"If the hunters get to close point this at them it will impact their eyesight long enough for me to lose them," Jay shakes his head. "Like now for example." I say then Jay aims the beam at them Seth and the hunters begin to swerve. Once they swerve I take a quick turnoff down a different street losing them in the process.

"Why the fuck are the hunters after you?"

"I subdued Felix."

"Why would you subdue one of your own?" Jay asked with a confused look on his face.

"The were holding me in my room because they found out that I was sneaking off the grounds." I explain.

"So that's where you were for the last week or so... I wondered what happened," I nod my head. "So where to now?"

Some where were we can hide for the day without being found."

"I think I know just the place," After about an hour we arrive at a run down mansion. "Just follow my lead." Jay takes my hand and we walk to the door. Jay knocks three times before a muscular man opens the door.

"Hello Jay how may I help you?"

"We need a place to stay."

"Who's we?"

"My friend Vega and I." Jay says looking over at me. I smile slightly hoping he doesn't notice I'm a hunter.

"Hmmm for how long?"

"About six months to a year."

The man nods. "Fine." Then begins to unlock the door.

"Quick give me your weapons and coat." Jay whispers in my ear. I quickly remove my coat and weapons then hand them to Jay who quickly throws them in his bag.

Once the doors are unlocked we enter the house as we enter I look around. The inside of the house is well kept with nice furniture and scented candles.

"I'll explain everything to you guys tomorrow night since the sun will rise soon... Ummm do you guys slumber together or not?"

Before I could say anything Jay had answered.
"Yeah we do." I look at Jay in disbelief.

"Alright. By the way my name is Arsin."

"Nice to meet you." I say. Arsin shows us to our huge room.

"Please slumber well." We both nod and enter the room. I would've confronted Jay but I was to tired to care so we both the lay down and drift to sleep.