Chapter 24~Spade

When Angel and I arrive back in Nate's apartment we rummage through the mess on Nate's floor.

"Spade I found something." She hands me a piece of fabric.

"Yeah, you found a piece of fabric." I tell Angel.

"Yeah, but it's a piece of the hunter's cape." Angel smiles.

"Alright well, this is a start." I grab a few more items off his floor. "We need to get going." We walk out the apartment and shut the door.

"I have a car we take somewhere safe." Angel tells me.

"I can follow you I have my own car." I reply.

"Okay." She says as we spilt up and head to our cars. I drive around the corner where she parked and begin to follow her as she speeds down the streets and onto a dirt road where we eventually come to a forest where she stops and exits her car. "Come on we have to walk a little piece." She shouts gesturing for me to follow her. We walk together for about an hour before we stop again, Angel bends down opening the hatch and climbs down the ladder I follow her.

"Well, here we are if you have any calls to make use this phone only." She hands me a small flip phone.

"Alright, I need to make a quick call." I tell her before disappearing into another room and dialing Karla.

"Hey, Karla. No I'm fine I just wanted to tell you I have some information but I'll text it to you and I'm not going to be staying at your house for awhile."

 I hang up the phone and reenter the room where Angel is sipping some blood out of a blood bag. "Here you go." I tell her.

"Thanks did you make your phone call?" 

I nod. "Yes."

"Do you drink blood?" She asks.

"No, I just take souls I also eat raw meat." I tell her. 

"Hmmm well I don't have any meat for you to eat...I guess we'll just have to find some souls or raw meat for you."

"Yeah, because this injection only keeps my strength up nothing else...maybe I can go out during the day and get souls and some raw meat."

Angel shakes her head. "Absolutely not. We need to stick together and I can't go out during the day and I sleep during day."

"I can handle myself I don't need a baby sitter." I sit down across from her.

"Hmmm fine I guess that's okay." She looks at me then at the small window. "I'm going to lay down." She walks into an open room with  a bed then shuts the door.