~Pain~

Celestine's P.O.V.

Darren sat beside me and kept on whispering soothing words to me, I already stoped crying but I was still trying to regain my normal breathing. I zoned out for a minute until my phone suddenly rings, I answered the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello, Ms. Kwon, we need right here now. There's someone in a critical condition" it's my asisitant in the hospital, I was having double thoughts about this operation because of my emotions right now. But I couldn't let a person die, I don't want someone to die just because of my own problem.

"Okay, I'll be there" I hugged up and went to Darren's car but he held my hand and turned me around.

"Tine you don't need to go" he said resting his forhead on mine, eventhough my mind told me that I need to listen to Darren my heart tells me otherwise. My heart is telling me to be strong whatever problem will come.

"I need to Darren, a person is going to die I need to do something-"

"Not when you're broken" He pin pointed, I need to do something.

"I need to be strong for my child Darren, I need to be strong for the one I'm going to operate. I don't want someone to die Darren, that person, whoever he is... needs me right now and I will surely save him or her" He sighed and give in, he oppened the door for me and helped me enter the car.

♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦

When we reached the hospital, my asistant is already waiting for me on the every entrance of the hospital.

"Ms. Kwon, these are your gloves we need to operate the patient now her heart almost stops beating" I wore the gloves and quickly walked towards the Emergency room, Darren also followed behind me.

"What's her case?" I asked, so I can think about what to do now. Xander and the baby kept on bugging my mind but I shrugged it off knowing that there's a life on the line.

"Rheumatic heart disease" Rheumatic heart disease is a case where a child is already suffering with a hole in his or her heart since birth. Weird, Sienna also has this disease.

"Who's the paient?" I asked again, we were already a few meters away from the Emergency room when a eager ending surprise comes again.

"Sienna Choi" my assistant answered, I halted my tracks and stared at her

"Sienna Choi?" Darren asked, my assistant nods her head and quickly walked passed by a man and went inside the room, but that man isn't the one I expected to see.

"Xander?" I uttered quietly but I guess he heard it, he suddenly snaps his head to my direction. His eye were worried but then it turned into anger and hatered, I don't understand why is he mad just by seeing me. I'm the one who's supposed to be mad, not the opposite.

"Don't tell me that she'll be the one who's going to operate Sienna?" Xander suddenly stood up and pointed me, asking the nurse beside him.

"Yes she is sir, she's our CEO now"

"No! she'll going to kill the patient, call another doctor!" Xander suddenly burst in anger and starts yelling at me, the guards quickly came over here and held him up.

"Sir, she's the only one who knows how to deal with this kind of situaltion" the nurse said trying to calm him down. How can I kill my own friend? I'm not that kind of person.

"No!, she's going to kill Sienna" Xander tried to break free from the guards but what caught me off guard is Darren.

"Darren!" I shouted and held onto his arm, he punched Xander and pushed him up on the wall. This isn't right, they aren't supposed to be fighting here. I tried pulling Darren off Xander but he has a firm grip on the latter.

"Shut the fuck up Xander" I was about to shout at the both of them when my assistant came back and told me about Sienna's condition.

"Ms. Kwon, her heart beat is getting slower. We need to operate her now" I looked at Darren and Xander, they were still in their previous position. I know that Darren is also having a hard time, my best friend and his girlfriend's life is on the line. It's up to me if I can save Sienna or not.

I took a deep breath and went inside the room leaving the two hot headed guys inside. My assistant gave me the knife but my hand is shaking, I can't opperate a person if my whole body is shaking, more on... this is my first opperation and Sienna is the patient.

"Ms. Kwon, you need to stop shaking" I closed my eyes and tried to rub my temples.

"Are you alright Ms. Kwon?" My assistant asked, holding my arm for support.

"I'm fine, I'll save her"