~A Chance~

Celestine's P.O.V.

My breath hitched, my legs are wobbling and my hands are trembling. I don't know what to do, I know I am a doctor but I can't help to be disoriented when it comes on operating someone I deeply love. I don't want him to go.

I quickly rushed Xander to the hospital and quickly went inside the opperating room, Valerie was also with me and she was asisting me. She gave me the scalpen and tongs to open up the wound, but my hands were trembling dangerously, if I continue I might cut the other ventricles before fully taking out the bullet, but that may cause him to bleed.

I took a deep breath but my heart isn't peaceful, there were tears rolling down from my eyes, I can't seem to control myself at this moment, but I endured everything because I want him to live. Before my trembling hands and the scalpel cut his skin, someone held my hand which caused that scalpel and tongs fell on the floor.

"Tine" said the man, I can recognize his voice even if I can't see him, tears were blocking my view. I immediately went into his arms and held him tight.

"D-Dad, I'm scared" I whispered, tightening the hug. I've never felt this thing before, this much pain and sorrow in my heart. Xander is that person who changed me, not the other way around. He changed my hatered and the bitterness of my heart.

"I know, go outside, I'll handle him" Dad whispered lovingly while letting me go, he wiped my tears and held my hand.

"Sir his blood pressure is lowering down and his heart rate is very slow" Valerie suddenly spoke, I eyed dad worriedly.

"Hold the oxygen mask and get the tongs, we need to check his breathing every now and then, don't let him faint or else we might lose him" Dad ordered them

"Yes sir" Then everyone started to do their task.

"Go Tine, Seth needs to know" I nod my head and hastily went outside the room, I was crying, shaking and pouring all my tears endlessly. It was the first time Seth saw me broken and shattered into tiny pieces to the point that I was devastated. He ran towards me and engulfed me into a big hug, Seth was also in the verge of tears seeing me crying hard.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" Seth asked as he also cried in my arms.

"Mommy... Is he my daddy?" I looked at my son surprised, I turned my head towards Darren and Sienna who came running earlier after Seth and I went inside the ambulance. A tear rolled down from my eye and hugged my son tightly.

♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦

"The policemen told me that the kidnappers had already been imprisoned, they are just waiting for you to file your lawsuit" I nod my head while giving a small smile to Mrs. Kim, when they found out what happened they immediately rushed in the hospital with trembling knees and teary eyes.

"Xander, well there are some ventricles that were damaged but everything is already stable. All we have to do is to wait for him to wake up" I tokk a glance at Xander, who was lifelessly lying down on the hospital bed with Seth holding his hand. I already explained everything to Seth and he seems to sccept it whole heartedly. It's been a week and yet Xander is still on a deep sleep, Seth was always talking to him and he would never leave his father's side.

"Daddy? When are you going to wake up?" I heard Seth whispering, I went a bit near to them and smiled bitterly

Third person's P.O.V.

Xander opened his eyes once he heard a little boy talking to him, calling him daddy then he suddenly remembers his son. Seth.

He opened his eyes and saw a white blank ceiling, and he knows that he's in the hospital, knowing that it's obviously not his room not Celestine's room. He quickly diverted his gaze to the one whose holding his hand, it was very soft and tiny. Seth stared at him with hope to see him awake again, once Xander has exchanged glances at Seth, the little boy quickly engulfed him in a warm hug.

Seth quickly called his Mom and told the good news, he looked over his shoulders and went to call his mom without letting go of his father's hand.

"Mommy! Daddy!!" Shouted the toddler

"Xander?" Celestine walked a bit closer to the bed and cried when she saw her love lifting his hand on the air, searching for warmth. Without hesitating, Tine immediately held his hand and interwine it with hers. They won't let go.