Chapter 46

|Vanessa's P.O.V.|           'The Dinner'

I sat nervously, fiddling with the end of my dress whilst imagining all the possible things that could go wrong tonight. We were currently on our way to my mom's house where my family would be waiting for the dinner my mom had invited me and Justin to. But what was making me nervous was that my dad was there and of course I was excited to see him after a while since he lives far from us, but he'd be meeting my boyfriend, and well let's just say as soon as I ended it with Coby, he made it clear that boys were a waste of time, even though he was one of them. But I hoped he liked Justin, there was no reason not to.

It wasn't that hard to get Justin to come but it took some convincing.

|FLASHBACK|

"Hiiii" I sang grinning as Justin stood opposite me, widening the studio door for me whilst looking at me with a mixture of confusion and amusement.

"You good?" He asked chuckling as I kissed his lips multiple times.

"Yeah, I missed you" I smiled as we sat down down, i sat on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck as he laughed "I saw you this morning babe" "So? Still been a while"

"So what's this about?" He asked raising his eyebrows at me.

"What do you mean?" I questioned trying to seem confused and out of it. He looked at me with 'the' look as if to say 'do you think I'm stupid?' and I sighed in defeat.

"Are you free tonight?" I asked finally.

"I think so... Why?" He asked in confusion as he ran his hands up and down my sides.

"Well..." I trailed off glancing down at his lips and back in to his eyes. "I kinda told my mom that we would come over for dinner tonight, my dad will be there too" I quickly said, his facial expressions changed instantly "Your dad? Babe I dunno, why didn't you tell me this before?" He asked as I got up of him.

"I don't know, I just thought if I told you a couple hours before the dinner, you'd have to say yes" I answered as he stood up.

"Look, its not that big of a deal, my mom already loves you, and so will my dad" I persuaded him, getting up and wrapping my arm around his.

"And if he doesn't?" He asked with amusement.

"Then you gotta go" I joked "I'm kidding" I quickly added once seeing his facial expressions change to shock and like I had just killed his dog.

"So, will you come?" I asked innocently smiling. He sighed nodding as I smiled wide and kissed him.

"I gotta go, but you have to come pick me up at 7, so be ready" I told him as I turned and grabbed my phone from the couch.

"I will do my lady" He chuckled as I smiled turning around "But why do you have to leave already? It's only 5" He said looking down at his watch before looking back at me.

"I know but I have to get some work done, but I'll see you later" I said standing on my tip toes, I pressed my lips against his, keeping them together for a couple seconds before I pulled away and with a final glance, I left.

          |END OF FLASHBACK|

I wore a simple white dress with a low back cut out and a pair nude heels to dress the look up a little more

Once we arrived at the house, Justin pulled to a stop and turned the car engine off, glancing over at me as he caressed my thigh with his thumb. "You're nervous, aren't you?" He raised his eyebrows as I glanced up at the house and back at him.

"No..." I lied not making eye contact with him. He chuckled "You are, look, if I'm not nervous then why should you be?" He asked, trying to reassure me.

I nodded sighing as I glanced up at him "You look beautiful" He muttered, for the 3rd time. I smiled as he took my hand in his and kissed the back of it.

He got out the car and came and opened the door for me, I got out and he slid his arm around my waist and we walked up the gravel drive and on to the stone ground where I opened the already unlocked door and we walked in.

I walked ahead of Justin and went in to the kitchen where my mom stood tucking one of the chairs in to the table before turning around and looking at us.

A smile formed her lips "Hey mom" I said as I placed my phone on the counter whilst hugging her. "It's nice seeing you again Miss Montano, you look beautiful" Justin commented as they both hugged.

"Why thank you honey, how are you?" She asked as I pushed my hair behind my shoulders.

"I'm good, you?" As they continued their conversation, I took the liberty to go and see where my dad was. I went upstairs and down the hall to where I could hear his low humming in the guest room. I smiled seeing him stood in front of the mirror whilst tying his tie.

"Damn dad back at it again" I joked as he turned around laughing. My dad wasn't that... Modern, but I always taught him new trends, the most recent one of being Damn Daniel.

"How are you darling?" He asked as he pulled me in to his embrace. "I'm good, I'm annoyed at you though" I told him as we pulled away. "Why?" "You never come to visit, like, ever, what's going on? Have you found yourself a woman?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows as he laughed aloud.

"Funny" he said making me look at him confused "You are kidding right?" He paused seeing I wasn't joking "Honey my dating days are over, and I apologise, I've just been really busy with work, but when hour mother told me about this dinner, I couldn't miss it" he said, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah..." I awkwardly said "If you're worried I'll treat him badly just because of his reputation, then you're wrong, your mom says he's a nice guy, I just have to see so myself" He simply shrugged spraying some cologne.

"But you'll be nice right?" I asked, nervous of his answer.

He paused turning around "I'll only be harsh if I don't like him, I don't want another Coby" He firmly said making me nod "He's not anything like Coby, trust me"

"Good, now let's go meet Justin fucking Bieber" I burst out laughing as he said it in a high pitched voice started skipping out pretending to be a fan girl.

I shook my head with smile, following him out and hoping for the best.