Chapter 51

|Vanessa's P.O.V.|                      'His'

amfAR was an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of Cancer research, Cancer prevention and treatment education. The foundation is dedicated to ending the global chemo epidemic through innovative research. And tonight Justin and I would be attending the GALA that would be hosted every year.

{A/N- I am completely aware that the amfAR organisation is based in France and also the show was in France. And also that amfAR is a HIV organisation not for cancer but I wanted to change it for particular reasons so sorry for the confusion}

To be honest, when Justin told me about it, he first of all showed me the fancy and beautifully embroidered invitation that was sent to his management team of course, and passed on to him to take a look at. Instantly he told me that I'd be his date for the whole event and despite the constant pleads and information I told him about me not being confident enough to go to such an event with him, we so many people, so many celebrities maybe even and so many cameras that were particularly there to snap photos of every moment, not maliciously to catch you in a bad moment like every day paparazzi. That for some reason made me queazy at the fact that all those camera were there to catch you in your most gracious moment, I was just nervous that I didn't look God enough. That I wasn't good enough to even be there.

But the definite clarification stating that Justin was advised to bring along me from the actual GALA people, calmed me of my nerves that I was wanted there and was advised to come. Scooter was incredibly fond of the idea saying as though it would be our first ever red carpet together and that it would help with clarification (if people haven't noticed already by the hundereds of pictures of me and Justin doing what every other couple would do, and more since Justin is in the constant mood for well, lust.) That we were a real, dedicated and committed couple. Justin was loving the idea, his exact words being "I want to show you off, and have people jealous for what's mine" which of course I was flattered by, it still didn't help with the fact that I knew so many people would be there, successful of being celebrities and then there'd be me, a simple college student who so happened to have modelled for a couple things along with having my own store, but that was it, I was nothing compared to the people attending.

Justin said that there would be a lot of business men and woman, mostly people who have donated to the fundraiser and just a little amount celebrities compared to the vast amount of people who were billionaires suited up to show off how much money they had donated, he said some people donated to the fundraiser as a publicity stunt, to gain recognition for their 'good deed' of donating to a wealthy cause. Which I personally found ridiculous. I mean if you were going to help out and do such a good thing, then clearly it should be done by the kindness of your heart, knwoing you'd be helping out with getting rid of such a tragic and terrible thing, not doing it to show of the amount of money you had and that you were giving so much to help out cancer research, or any charity for that matter. It was sick.

It didn't help that Justin and I would be arriving at the venue separately because we were being dressed up by different stylists in different parts of town.

I was used to being dressed up and getting my makeup done by specialists, I actually loved it. Makeup was art and people were passionate for it, I didn't see anything bad in that.

I had no idea what Justin was going to be wearing, he had sent me ridiculous amounts of Snapchat pictures but none of them showed his face, all were off the ground below or a simple black screen with little captions of how badly he wanted to see me, since I in return didn't show him what I was wearing or what I looked like.

Finally, after almost 4 long hours of getting ready, being assisted around to fittings of different dresses, we finally came to a agreement on the dress that I had chosen the first time we went to fittings to find a dress. And by we, I mean my management team and a stylist, it sounded weird but yes I had my own management team who helped me out with events like this, if I were to be going to a fashion show for example, my manager would send hair stylists, makeup stylist and a a couple other people to help out with the outfits. I would usually go looking for dresses or outfits a week before the event where I'd go to this hall and a my team would show me different outfits all related to the occasion which were normally just fashion shows that I was invited to. Nothing major, so from going to fashion shows to attending a high class GALA were everyone would probably be looking like a million dollars, it was a big jump.