Chapter 17: The New Baby

{Six month time skip.}
Kommissar had stomach pains all night. It was 4:00am and she still couldn't sleep.
"Babe," she shakes Pieter.
"Mmm... Yeah baby?" She replies, not opening his eyes, cuddled up to kommissar.
"I don't think it's just a pain. I think I'm having a contraction,"
He put his finger on her lips and shushed her. "The baby isn't due for three weeks. Sleep it off love. I'm sure you'll be fine in the morning."
She tried getting some sleep but ten minutes later she sits up quickly, waking Pieter up.
"Pieter! My water broke!" He sits up.
"Y-you're not due for another three weeks! I-uh.. Uh.."
"The baby's coming now, Pieter. Get it together before I slap you. hard." She holds her stomach and moans gently.
He helps her to the car and takes her to the hospital.
Kommissar was in labour for three more hours. At 7:24am, their baby boy was born.
They waited to find out the gender and we're happy when they announced he was a boy. Pieter kisses kommissar.
"Well done princess." He says. They take the baby to the other side of the room. He wasn't crying. Kommissar sits up.
"What's wrong with my baby? Is he okay?" She panics.
Pieter holds her hand and looks at the doctors curiously.
A few seconds later they hear their baby boy crying. Kommissar cries happily as they walk over with him.
"Hey beautiful. Welcome to the world. Look how tiny you are," she strokes his little fingers. She talks softly to him before handing him to Pieter.
"Hey there handsome." Pieter says to him. "You're a good looking lad. You better not steal all the ladies." He winks. "What should we name you, buddy? I think you look like a Henry,"
"That's a beautiful name." Kommissar replies, smiling at them both.
They had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days to make sure Henry was safe to go.