Chapter 22: Sorry

Chapter 22: Sorry.
Kommisssar made Pieter sleep on the sofa.
The next morning he wakes up and makes them breakfast and takes it up to them. Matilda was lay awake, watching TV while Kommissar slept peacefully.
"Mati?" He says. She hides under the duvet.
"Mati. I'm sorry for last night. Daddy was being silly. He didn't mean to hurt you. Okay?" He sits on the end of the bed. Matilda hides up Kommissar's top, causing her to wake up.
She sees Pieter.
"Pieter just... Get out." She says.
He looks up. "Kommi, please, I..." The baby starts crying.
"I-I'll get him," Pieter says, going over to his cot and picking him up. "Hey big man. Are you hungry? I think someone wants their bot bot. Come on big man." He bounces him gently and takes him downstairs to feed him. Matilda follows them downstairs.
Matilda climbs on the counter and gets a big bag of chocolate.
"Ah ah ah. Mati. Careful." He helps her. "If I give you this chocolate, will you forgive me?"
"Mmmmmmmm yah!" She replies. He braids her hair while she eats it.
Kommissar comes down.
"Oh for gods sake Pieter. You didn't." Says Kommissar, angrily.
"Didn't what?"
"Give her all that chocolate! You can't do anything!" She takes Matilda and Henry out for a bit.
{I know this one was a little boring. Next one's gonna skip three years}