Chapter 28: Training

chapter 28: Training.
{skip again. Matilda is ten. Henry is eight.}
Pieter and Matilda grabbed a drink before going downstairs to train. Pieter and Kommissar taught Matilda dance and singing lessons. Kommissar was out with Henry and his friend. Matilda stretched.
"Okay. I want you to go through your dance solo for next weeks competition." Says Pieter. She rolls her eyes but gets into place. She goes through it with the music and forgets parts of it. Pieter scoffs. "I told you to practice." He says.
"I did!" She shouts.
"Well, not enough. Or you would have nailed that."
"Not my fault. I don't wanna do this shit."
"Stop with the attitude." He counts through it with her. "Stretch your foot! Stop bending your knees when you're not supposed to! Push through that! Sloppy turns. Ugh that side ariel was awful." He says, getting annoyed.
"Stop shouting! All you do is shout! I'm trying, okay?!" She continues.
"Well if you can't be bothered doing it properly then I'm gonna shout. You have to get this Perfect if you want to win. Do you want a second place trophy in this house, hmm? Cause I don't."
Matilda's phone rings. It was on the table next to Pieter. She runs to get it but Pieter picks it up before her.
"Hello?" He says. It was a boy.
"H-hello... Is.. Mati there please?" A guy down the phone speaks with Pieter for a while. Pieter hangs up once they had finished speaking.
"Who was that." Says Pieter, seriously.
"I hate you! Give that back you fat, ugly man! His name is Thomas and he's a boy I know." She walks out. Pieter grabs her arm.
"What boy? Do I know him? I'll beat him up if I have to. How old is he?"
"Fourteen! Stop with the questions! He's coming over later and before you scream and get all angry, mom knows that he's coming over for dinner so have a go at her, not me." She leaves.
Kommissar and Henry arrive home a few hours later.
"Kommissar. Why is my daughter having a boy over tonight?" He gets in her face.
"Hello to you too..." She replies, getting Henry a drink. "Look Pieter, if you have a problem then go out for the night. I'll give you some money to go to the pub but she's gonna start getting into this stuff eventually."
"She's ten!"
"She's nearly eleven. She's going to high school soon. Plus, I know the kid. He's a nice lad. So you, stop being such a baby and I'll do something for you," she hugs him slowly. He smiles slightly and hugs back.
"Like what?"
"Surprise. Depends if you're a good boy or not,"
He smirks.