16.

Copyright 2016

My Possessive Hooded Stranger

Chapter Sixteen

Hawks tensed form gently pulled away from me. "W-what did you just say?", his voice was soft, yet disbelieving. His eyes were narrowed and scrutinizing. "I said that I am in so in love with you." My voice carried through the wind, meeting steely silence.

He looked at me as though he wasn't looking at me, but rather through me. "You cannot love me, Freya." His words were as hard and cold as a block of ice.

Why was he saying that? What made him say that? "Hawk, you don't mean that..." My voice was shaky as I lifted my hand to gently touch his cheek. Only, he sidestepped my touch. His rejection struck me harder and did more damage than any of Tomithy's hits ever could have.

An irritated sigh fell from his lips, "I do mean that, Freya. I do mean that." His words were harshly spoken, deeply piercing my heart.

Why was he doing this? What had I done that was so wrong? Was I wrong about Arson? Was he just another Tomithy in the making?

No.

No. Stop that nonsense right now, Freya Rosemary Ingles. You know that Arson is nothing like Tomithy. There has to be some reason as to why he is doing this.

Exhaling the breath that I hadn't realized I had been holding, I looked at the man that wore a stone cold expression, giving not an inkling of his thoughts or emotions away. "Okay, Arson. You know what? I left you once, so I can survive you leaving me if that is truly want you want to do. If that will make you happy, then that is what I want you to do. I love you enough to let you go." Closing my eyes, I tried to maintain my composure. Inside I felt as though I was crumbling into a million tiny pieces that would never be able to be morphed back together again. But I would be damned if I allowed that to show. "But I will not allow you to walk away from this without an explanation. And it had better be a damned good one at that."

Calloused hands roughly framed my face, causing me to gasp in shock. "I'll give you a damn explanation, Freya. You heard me that night...you know everything that I said." His eyes scrunched shut, and his forehead knocked gently against my own. I knew that it was painful for him to discuss. However, I was not going to allow him to walk out of my life without at least telling me why.

"I know you're sleeping, my sweet little one. I am going to tell you a story. A story that I am too scared to tell you while you are awake," I feel a soft kiss being pressed into my hair before he continues, "When I was eighteen years old, I thought I was the coolest kid around. I really did. I was attractive, and I knew it. I had the girls surrounding me. They flocked to me whenever I moved even an inch. But there was this one...this one girl. That I had always had my eye on. Except she...well, she never noticed. My eyes followed her everywhere she went. I was two grades above her. You could say that I took care of her from afar. She was only fifteen years old at the time, and all the guys said that she was too young for me to even look at. But what's three years? I got a call from a pal of mine, he had been watching over her for me while I was gone that day. He said that she had been picked up by a young guy, probably seventeen or so, and that he had dragged her, kicking and screaming into his truck. I went ballistic. I drove to the school, pushing 95 the whole way, and I made it to a four way stop. But I didn't stop. A semi crashed into the drivers side of my truck; my side. And then the whole world went black. I woke up in the hospital three and a half months later. My pal, Dean, was the only one there when I woke up. The first thing he told me was that my parents had passed away five days after my own accident. They were hit by a drunk driver, and their car swerved off of an embankment and crashed into the river. That was hard to stomach, baby. My heart felt as though it had been ripped from my chest. But the second thing that he told me...my girl, she never came back. The day that that guy dragged her into his truck, that was the last day she had been seen. I felt whatever had been left of my heart, shatter completely. My parents had died, but there was no way that I could bring them back. But my girl, she was still out there, alive. Being dragged around by some piece of shit. My innocent little princess. And it killed me that there was nothing that I could do...but search. And I did, however, she is a story for another time. The last thing that Dean had told me before walking out of my hospital room was, "Dude, I'm sorry about your face." And then he left. I haven't heard from Dean since. We were always labeled the pretty boys of the school, I think my appearance scared him off. Just like it did everyone else after that day. My face...baby, I look like a monster. I don't look normal. I'm not attractive anymore. I'm...my face is a shredded mess. I look like a disgusting beast. And that, my sweet princess, is why I wear my hood. I refuse to scare you away after I finally have you....

"You just don't understand, baby." His words were raspy, his breath sweetly tickled my lips, and his wet eye lashes fluttered softly upon my cheek as he nuzzled further into the hollow behind my ear.

I gently ran my fingers through his dark hair, trying my best to soothe my crying giant. "Hawk..." Tilting my face slightly to the side so that my lips were lifted towards his ear, I gently whispered sweet nothings, hoping to calm him before I spoke any further on our discussion. "Arson, sweetheart, sh..." My fingers continued their gentle caress until his breathing slowed and I only heard the soft crackly sound of his stuffy nose.

"Arson, I need you to talk to me, baby. I need to understand. What happened between our kissing and my loving you...what happened, Hawk?" I could feel my eyes begin to swell with tears, and I gently bit the inside of my lip to maintain my composure for the second time that night. I would not allow myself to cry...I had to be strong. Moving my fingers from his hair to his back, I softly scratched my nails across the material of his hoodie, internally smiling when I felt him shiver.

A soft kiss was placed in the hollow of my neck before he removed himself from my embrace, "We will talk about this at home, Freya. I don't think that this is a conversation that we want to have outside of a club. Let's go, little one." He gently grasped my hand in his and lead me to the passenger side of his truck. He opened the door and lifted me to gently deposit me in the seat before buckling my seat belt, placing a sweet kiss upon my forehead and closing the door.

I sat silently in my seat, listening to the music drone on on the radio. I was completely and utterly confused. We had reconciled and were able to push aside our differences...and then, then...this. He became cold and distant. He was looking through me, rather than at me. He pushed me away. That was one minute. And then in the next, he was the perfect gentleman that I knew and loved.

But had I spoken of love too soon?

Had I just ruined the beginning of a Hawk and Freya?

Vote,
Comment,
Smile,
& have a blessed day!