23.

Copyright 2016

My Possessive Hooded Stranger

Chapter Twenty Three

Tears clouded my vision as I glanced down at the man lying beside me. I do not want this to end. I do not want to leave him. He had made sweet and gentle love to me the night before. I admired every single moment, even the pain that I felt when he had slipped inside. I cherished our night together more than anything in the world, he had made me feel so very special and loved.

I remembered the words of the woman that ruined my entire world the afternoon before and cringed as my tears began to fall.

"FREYA!!! Freya, just wait! WAIT! Slow down, I need to talk to you!" An out of breath Snaggletoothed woman yelled across the produce section of the crowded Walmart, trying her hardest to get the small woman's attention.

Freya had other ideas. She would not allow herself to get in the middle of another confrontation with Erika Lawson. She was a mature adult woman and she was not going to lower herself by acting a fool in public, or at all.

Turning her cart, she made her way towards the self checkout. All that she had wanted was to make a special dinner for Hawk. She had thought that maybe, just maybe, she could have a special evening with her sweet man. She would make him dinner, and she would be his delectable dessert.

All that she had wanted was to create a special evening for her man, but apparently Erika Snaggletooth Lawson had other plans for her. Freya rolled her eyes as she heard the "seemingly" in-shape woman's ragged breathing as she pulled her cart behind her. "Erika, I do not have time for anything that has to do with you. Now, if you could excuse me, I have to get home and make dinner for my man. Have a nice day."

Freya had tried to execute a positive attitude toward the bleach blonde Snaggletoothed Barbie. However once she turned back to bagging her groceries, (she knew that she was being childish, but she couldn't bring herself to care), she began making faces and rolling her eyes as she mimicked the stupid woman's words in a hushed whisper, seeing as the Barbie was still standing directly behind her. "FREYA!!! Freya, just wait! WAIT! Slow down, I need to talk to you!" "What the fudgesicle could a Snaggletoothed Barbie have to say to me after I broke her plastic nose? Stupid."

A snort of disbelief sounded directly behind her. "I can hear you, you know, Freya. I just came to tell you something that I am sure that you will find interesting." Turning from scanning her items, Freya raised a perfectly manicured brow at the woman who she had just noticed wore a thick white bandage across the now crooked bridge of her plastic nose. "What could I possibly find interesting about anything that you have to say? After beating your aśš twice in my lifetime, I think that you would understand that I do not like you." Freya made sure to enunciate her dislike. She could not understand how Erika was so dense. How many times had her mother dropped her as a child? Probably quite a lot because even though Freya adored all children, she had a hard time believing anyone could have liked the nasty woman standing before her, even when she was but a small child.

Erika snarled as she looked down at the short tidbit in front of her. How could Arson love something like her? He was meant to love Erika. That was why she had to become a "victim" to Dean's unfaithfulness. The corner of Erika's lips lifted in a smirk. Dean was never unfaithful...he loved Erika. So much so that she had to concoct a plan that would cause him to disappear from the picture.

After Dean had walked out on Arson, Erika had been furious at her fiancés disgusting behavior. How could he turn his back on Arson? On such a lovely man...