19.

Copyright 2016

My Possessive Hooded Stranger

Chapter Nineteen

Tears flooded my vision as I stared down at the man kneeling before me. His broad shoulders shaking from his hoarse cries. "I-I didn't m-mean to, F-Freya!" His strong arms were like a steel band, locked tightly around my hips...caging me to him.

I wanted nothing more than to soothingly run my fingers through his hair and lightly scrape my nails against his scalp the way that I knew he loved. But as I stared down at him, I knew that I could not. As I stared down at the giant man kneeling at my feet, his sobs muffled against my belly, I knew that I could not comfort him in that way. All that I could see was what I knew.

The giant man kneeling at my feet, was nothing more than a monster.

"P-please forgive me, little one! I-I d-d-didn't mean t-to!" His voice was hoarse from his uncontrollable sobbing, and slightly muffled against the fabric of my shirt. His large rough hands were squeezing the underside of my thighs, his arms still wrapped tightly around my hips. I could feel his hot breath puffing harshly through my shirt, causing me to squirm uncomfortably.

I loved the man that was kneeling before me more than I would have ever thought was possible. But how could I look at him the same after what I had discovered? The man that I had fallen for so quickly, was a monster. He was a murderer.

A murderer that killed him.

He killed Tomithy.

A rough hand palmed my cheek, snapping me away from my thoughts. I flinched back, unable to withstand the metallic scent of the blood on his hands.

Arson had abandoned his unconsolable state at my feet and was standing before me, crouched slightly to meet my gaze. "I didn't mean to, baby. I-I...I d-didn't mean to. I just—" his breathing was harsh; choppy. He took a deep breath and gently knocked his forehead against my own. "I just...snapped. I snapped and he just, he just kept egging me on." He waved his hand in a "hurry up" motion, physically showing me what Tomithy had been making him feel.

"He kept calling you names, baby..." His voice was that of a heartbroken man. My heart plummeted as I took in his disheveled appearance. He was a mess. His eyes bloodshot, snot running from his adorably crooked nose, his face bruised and a few of his scars bleeding from being nicked during his scuffle with him.

And while I wanted to be sympathetic and just take him into my arms...all I could see was a dead Tomithy. A dead Tomithy, that had been murdered, by those giant, gentle hands that I loved to feel on my body...

"Why are you so upset with me, Freya? You're upset that the world lost an ass like Tomithy?" A harsh laugh fell from his mouth, "You don't want me to touch you now, huh?" An icy cold smirk formed upon his cracked, bleeding lips. I flinched back as he took another step toward me.

"Arson..." My voice was that of a plea. I was scared. I was petrified. Of Hawk. My Hawk. My giant man's hands were covered in another man's life. His liquid life. His blood.

He didn't slow his pace. His face was hard as stone, his eyes bleak and showing no sign of emotion toward me. My plea made me no difference.

My Hawk was gone, and a monster was barreling toward me with blood on his hands and a deathly glint in his eyes.

"Wake up, little one! Wake up! It's only a dream, baby...it's only a dream!"

Vote,
Comment,
Smile,
& have a blessed day!