First Clue.

I brushed all my stress away and headed in to my first day of work, I put on my happy face and met the whole teaching staff.

"Oh Katie! Wow your audition tape was so impressive, glad to have you on board. We're looking to have a big year this year with the girls a few competitions and events." Heather was very nice, she was the president of the dance school.

"Thank you so much! Ah I'm so excited to have this job, can't wait. What classes am I teaching?" I pulled out my paper and pen and wrote down all I needed.

"We'll have you teaching ballet aged 15 and 18, contemporary aged 15 and 18 and co teaching our studio troupe, they are the best of the best here and they regularly do more competitions." I was shocked, I didn't think I'd have older students and I was worried.

I got into class and saw 14 girls in their shoes waiting to start. My anxiety levels were sky rocketing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So classes weren't so bad, I had talented kids and I was excited to see what I could achieve with them, I waited outside for Zak and he had arrived already waiting out of his car.

"This is better than a taxi service, my chauffeur even gets out" I have a little giggled and a wink.

"The best of the best for Katie." He opened the door and I got in.

"Aaron wants to see you tonight, so we're going to his for dinner. His mum and that are visiting so it'll be a full house." He roared off down the street.

"Good. Yea I miss Aaron, after everything that's happened it'll be good to be with him. He is my only friend here, well not now" I looked over and nudged him.

"No other friends? Really?" He seemed baffled.

"After Gus escapade jail dad kept us on the down low, and after the were killed I kept to myself. No one is really invested in you on your story, like many people say they won't care when you breathe but they'll care when you're dead." I nodded along.

"Very true words." The rest of the car trip was in silence.

We arrive at Aaron's  and I headed straight in and noticed him coming down the stairs. I ran and have him a big cuddle and latched onto him, apart of me was so happy but I too wanted let it all out and cry.

"K! I've missed you!" He spun me around a few more times.

"Zak been good?" He noticed Zak come in and eye balled him.

"No he has been perfect. It's okay Aaron'" I adverted his eyes away from Zak.

"I've been worried sick K, I have been like looking around and digging shit up on Mick but I've been led to an assumption of him and Gus working together prior the incident."

My face dropped.

"That's funny Mick mentioned something about Gus and finishing off his business. OMG Aaron!" I shook him and tried to pace my breathing.

"Katie!" Zak came and calmed me down, he held my hands and bent down to me so we were nose to nose.

"Breathe. We're gonna get to the bottom of this" he spun around to Aaron "What did you find?"

"Mick was in prison for an assault, be friended Gus, came out, had exceptional lawyers and now is a big business man." I told all what I knew.

"Why does the public or media not know this? Like he is a criminal on the street!" He couldn't calm down, I was certain Mick would finish me off.

"Maybe police? I dunno, it's really tricky cause he has got lawyers and pretty good ones" Aaron rubbed his head.

"We'll take it to the police to cover our asses but we need to keep you safe, maybe find a connection?" He pointed at me.

We all sat around the table and ate, we had a few giggles and then we headed home. I was still mentally exhausted and I needed sleep, as soon as Zak pulled out of the driveway I had dozed off into a light sleep.