Chapter 4

* Skip ahead to 3 days later *

Sophie's POV

Today is the first round of the tournament, and we have to win or we don't go on.

I slept in an extra hour and then got up and took a shower, before getting Avery up and going to eat breakfast.

After we ate we sat around in our room for a couple hours before the guys came down to see us.

Knock-knock

I went and opened the door to reveal Jon and Pat.

Come on in guys, I said.

We talked for awhile before Avery and I started running around changing and everything else.

We were all ready to go get on our bus and we said goodbye to the boys who wished us luck and boarded the bus.

We got to the arena and went to the locker room to get everything ready and before we knew it, it was time to warm up.

We did our usual warm ups and then went back to the locker room for the usual pep talk from coach and from me.

Ladies this is the moment we've been waiting for all season, the NCAA tournament, our dreams have finally come true and we can't let this dream get crushed so we have to go out there and win, and I know we can do it! We are the dream team and were gonna show people why! I said during my pep talk.

Introducing the Northern Illinois Huskies!

Introducing the Wichita State Shockers!

We went out and I went to the captain's meeting getting serve for us.

Now for the starting lineup for the WSU Shockers. Senior number 7 Captain Sophie Adams! Senior number 22 Assistant Captain Avery Johnson! Number 5 Senior Mary Ashton! Number 9 Senior Katie Rielly! Number 6 Junior Dani Mostrom! Number 21 Sophomore Natalie Brisso!

WSU will serving, with captain Sophie Adams serving first, the lady said over the intercom.

I served the ball over and they set up a slam which we returned, we volleyed back and forth a couple times before Katie got a stuff block and we got the first point.

We won the first 2 sets and it was game point for us in set 3, I was serving again.

I served it over and we volleyed for awhile before I fake set and slammed it down with my secret weapon, my left hand since I'm left handed I can do little attacks that no one sees coming, and we won the first round.

Wichita State moves in to the next round against Kansas State but Northern Illinois does not move on.

Stacy's down on the floor and she has caught the Wichita State captain Sophie Adams, Stacy? One of the men announcing said.

Sophie, what did you say to your team before the game today? The reporter asked me.

I just said that this is the moment we've been waiting for all season and how we can't let out dreams get crushed.

Spoken like a true captain. Now we've heard a rumor that you and assistant captain Avery Johnson have been recruited to the National Team, is it true?

Yes it is true.

Have you accepted?

We have decided but we are having a public press conference about it like our coach told us to.

When is said press conference?

Either after we lose out of the tournament or win it all.

I see. Thank you for your time Sophie.