Chapter 28

* Sophie's POV *

I woke up at 6 o'clock this morning and got into the shower before getting out, blow drying my hair, curling my hair, and adding two braids that joined at the back before I did my normal make up and then I got dressed in a black and white hexagon pattern dress that reached my knees, a red cardigan, and black flats.

I woke Jonny up and then went down the hall and woke up his parents and his brother.

I went downstairs and made a breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and milk except for the protein shake for Jon.

The whole Toews family came down the stairs and we all sat down and ate together.

After we ate we all loaded into two cars and drove to the UC for practice.

Practice was normal and before I knew it all of the guys were heading back home and I was getting to work on my job.

Jim and I traded today so I was back with Troy testing equipment when we found that Crow's helmet needed to be fixed so we were scurrying around fixing it before moving on to the rest of the tests.

* Jon's POV *

I went home with my family and I laid down to take a nap while my family went and made themselves lunch.

After I had taken an hour nap, I went downstairs and found my family sitting on the couch talking about David's hockey so I went into the kitchen, grabbed some food, and then went and joined them.

We talked for another 15 minutes I went back upstairs to get back in my suit. I had to get back to the UC early today so I had to leave in 15 minutes.

I put my suit on and then grabbed everything I needed for the game and the possible after party and then headed out the door with my family.

We reached the UC and my parents went up to the entrance to get in while I went down to the players entrance.

I walked down the tunnel towards the locker room but I turned down a separate hallway before I reached it and made my way to the announcers room to talk to them about something.

I walked in and talked to them before I walked back down towards the locker room. This time I did walk into the locker room and saw Sophie putting the sticks by the door so she could move them later.

I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her torso before she turned around in my arms and reached up to kiss me.

Hey babe, she said to me and then she turned around and started working again.

I went over to my locker and started to slowly change before a couple more guys started showing up.

I got changed into my stuff by the time all of the guys got here and I sat around and waited for warm ups to begin.

As I sat there I watched Sophie and as soon as she left I jumped up and went to talk to Coach Q about something.

* Sophie's POV *

It was almost time for warm ups to start so I was moving all of the sticks, water, and pucks onto the bench.

When I finished moving all of that I stood on the bench and waited for the guys to come out.

The guys were lining up in the tunnel waiting to be announced so I hopped out onto the ice and stood by the exit of the bench so the guys could pat my head like usual.

Welcome to the ice your Chicago Blackhawks! The announcer said over the intercom. The guys started coming down the tunnel and each and every one of them patted my head quickly on their way by. Soon the whole line of players had passed so I got back onto the bench and causally fixed my hair before focusing back in on warm ups.