Chapter 11

* Sophie's POV *

Its now February 1st and Jon, Pat, and the other Olympians were heading over to Sochi. Jonathan had invited me to come along and I really wanted to but I had school most of the time they were there. I had two weeks off in the middle of February at the end of the hockey part of the Olympics and I was flying out to watch and meet the team and everything. I was very excited to go out of the country and watch them play but I was even more excited that I was going to be able to spend my birthday with Jonathan after all.

* February 11th *

Today is the day Avery and I fly out to Sochi to see the guys.

We boarded our flight to Buffalo and flew 4 hours from Wichita to get there. We then had a 30 minute lay over before our flight to Paris. When we got to Paris it was 11 pm local time and the airport wasn't very busy. We were scheduled to have an hour lay over but there was a mechanical issue with the plane from the last flight and they had to fix it so we ended up waiting another 4 hours for our plane to be fixed.

I had texted Jon that we would be four hours later than originally thought.

We boarded our flight to Sochi at 4 a.m. and reached Sochi at 11 a.m. We got off the plane and looked around for the guys. We found them standing near the terminal waiting for us and we gave them both hello kisses.

Welcome to Sochi babe, Jonathan said.

We went and got our luggage before getting into a car and going to the Olympic village. When Avery and I got into our rooms we said goodnight to the guys and told them we'd see them in the morning even though it was only noon, we had some serious jet lag. We fell right asleep as soon as we laid down and slept until 4 a.m.

We got up and went down to the workout room and found it empty, no surprise there since it was 4 in the morning. We worked out until 5:30 and then we went back up to our room and both took showers before blow drying our hair and both of us fishtailing our hair. We also dressed the same almost, I put on white skinny jeans, a team Canada shirt I had gotten from the hotel gift shop, and my light brown Uggs, Avery wearing blue skinny jeans and a USA team shirt.

I went down to Jonathan's room like he told me too yesterday and knocked in the door.

It wasn't Jonathan who opened the door it was Sharpie who was his roommate.

Sharpie! I said when he opened the door.

Sophie! He said back and pulled me into a hug. Jonathan Sophie's here! He yelled over his shoulder.

Jonathan came over in basketball shorts and a grey under armor shirt you could see his abs through.

Sophie! He came up to me and kissed me quickly. You almost look ready for the game this afternoon, you're just missing this, he said handing me his extra jersey.

Well thank you, I said and quickly pulled it over my head and walked into their room.

I sat down and we talked for awhile before they had to go to practice so I went and met up with Avery for lunch.

After we ate we decided to walk around for a little while before going back to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel the fans and team members of the teams that play today were heading out to the arena. We saw people wearing the country jerseys and others wearing one of the players NHL jersey.

Team USA plays Slovakia before team Canada plays Norway and I had on a team USA shirt under my Canada Toews jersey. I took the jersey off and wore the shirt for Pat's game which they won and then threw my jersey back on for the Canada vs. Norway.