Chapter 7

* Sophie's POV *

I woke up at 8 this morning and everyone but my mom was still asleep.

Morning Soph, sleep well? She asked me.

Yep.

I saw you cuddled up to Jon, you two are such a cute couple.

Thanks mom, I said blushing.

By 10 everyone was up and we when out to breakfast at Jimmie's dinner, my favorite place to eat breakfast.

When we got home I helped my mom make all of the Christmas treats we make for later tonight and tomorrow. We made chocolate covered pretzels and wheat thins, Christmas cookies, and a pumpkin flavored cake.

After we baked everything all of us were sitting in the basement watching a movie.

What time is Skylar coming over Maddie? I asked my middle sister.

Like right now, she said.

Who's Skylar? Jon whispered in my ear.

I turned and whispered back: her boyfriend of 4 years and they dated off and on from sophomore through junior year of high school, they bought an apartment together but he went home for his family traditions and to see his brother when he got to come home from the military.

At that moment there was a knock on the door and Maddie jumped up and ran up the stairs.

She came back downstairs with Skylar following.

Hey Soph, Erin, Mr. Adams, Mrs. Adams, and who's this? He looks kinda familiar, Skylar said when we saw Jonathan.

This is Jonathan Toews, the captain of the Chicago Blackhawks, Maddie said.

Your favorite hockey player is in your basement? Why?

He's my boyfriend, I said.

Wow Soph, your favorite hockey player in the world. How'd you manage that?

I don't know, I said.

She managed that by being smart, beautiful, athletic, and having a great personality, Jon spoke.

What time are we leaving tonight? I asked my mom awhile later.

Probably 6 so we can help Cindy, she said.

We were going to our usual Christmas Eve party with my dad's side of the family. There's always a ton of people and I barely ever see any of them, except for my grandma, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Erin, her hubby, her daughter, Jon, and I all got into Erin's car and rode over while my parents, Maddie, and Skylar were in my parents car on the way there.

You're gonna meet so much of my family today and tomorrow, I told Jon.

That's fine, its family traditions, and I'm with you so its all good, he said and then leaned over and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

We arrive at Cindy's house and carried in all of our treats and gifts.

Lots of people were arriving and Jon was introduced to almost all of them.

At about 8 o'clock I looked outside and saw that it was snowing outside. Looks like we're gonna have a white Christmas this year, based in how much had already fallen.

An hour later my sisters and my cousin were given our presents from my uncles and "aunt" (they weren't married), my aunt, uncle, and cousin, and my grandma.

After we opened our presents we watched the adults play "dirty Santa" which is a game where people draw numbers and choose a random present from the pile and open it, then the next person goes and can either steal a present someone else opened or open a new present and so on.