Chapter 19

* Skip to November 19th *
* Sophie's POV *

Today I woke up at 7 o'clock in a hotel bed yet again. I was getting kinda sick of hotel beds and I still had 10 more days of hotel beds.

Today was November 19th, exactly a year after Jon and I started dating so in other words it was our 1 year anniversary.

I took a shower, French braided my hair, did my make up, and got dressed in skinny jeans, a long sleeve Blackhawks shirt, and black boots. I went down to the lobby and found Jon and half of the team down there ready to go to practice.

I walked over to Jon and he wrapped his arms around me before bending down and whispering in my ear:

Happy anniversary babe, I love you so much.

I love you too, I replied.

You up for a date on our 1 year?

Of course.

Great, be ready by 6 in fancy clothes.

I will be.

He gave me a quick kiss and then returned to his full height of 6'2 to go out to the bus.

My stomach has started hurting constantly now and I can't wait for my appointment in 13 days.

We got to the arena and had practice and then the team surprised Jon and I with lunch since it was our anniversary.

After lunch we all went back to the hotel and I went through my suitcase and duffle bag looking for something to wear. Since it was rather cold outside I chose to wear a grey sweater dress, black pantyhose, black 4" heels, and a maroon infinity scarf.

At 4 o'clock I took my braid out and straightened my wavy hair and swiped my make up off and re-did it adding a light layer of lipstick and winging my eyeliner. After my hair and make-up was done I put on my pantyhose, dress, scarf, and my heels getting ready with 15 minutes to spare.

At 6 Jonathan knocked on my door and looked me up and down with wide eyes when I opened the door.

You look absolutely amazing as always babe, he said when he finally snapped out of it.

Thank you, you look pretty damn good also, I replied. He was wearing a black suit and looked as good as he does every time he wears a suit for a game.

We left the hotel and went to an extremely fancy looking restaurant. We walked in and were seated in the corner of restaurant sitting right under a string of lights that traveled all the way around the restaurant. We ordered our drinks and when those came we ordered our food, I got marinated chicken on a pile of linguini that was absolutely devine.

After our main dishes Jonathan ordered us a chocolate lava cake for us to share since he knew I had a sweet tooth.

When we finished the meal and Jon called the waitress over to take a picture of us. Jon grabbed my hand and we both turned toward his phone for the picture but as soon as the picture was taken Jon grabbed my face and kissed me. He pulled apart and then the waiter handed him the phone and our check to him.

While he paid the check I looked at the pictures and sent a couple of them to my phone. I got on Instagram on my phone and saw that Avery had posted a picture of her and Pat for their anniversary saying: