Chapter 12

* Sophie's POV *

Team Canada has won every game including beating Patrick and team USA and the only game they have left is the gold medal game.

Team USA is playing in the bronze medal game today against Finland.

Avery, Jon, Patrick, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Kruger, Hossa, Rosival, and I all met up to go support Patrick.

Sadly team USA lost and got 4th in the tournament which is nothing to sneeze at but still upsetting.

~~

Today's the gold medal game and everyone met up again to watch Jonathan, Patrick, and Duncan.

Keith had the pick and then he shot it to Crosby who shot it to Toews at the front of the net and he scores!

Jonathan got the first goal of the night and I couldn't be happier for him.

Team Canada pulled through and won the game giving them gold. Tonight is the closing ceremony and they are presenting the medals then.

Introducing the third place team in men's ice hockey Finland! They were presented with their bronze medals and then Sweden was introduced.

Now for the gold medal winners team Canada! They presented them with medals and all of the guys looked up and waved after they got their medal.

The closing ceremony went on for another couple hours and then we went back to the hotel and got right into bed since it was late and we had pretty early flights to catch.

~~

Its now the end of March and Avery and I are back at school and the Blackhawks have clinched a playoff spot.

Elina had a beautiful baby boy named Theo and he is the cutest thing ever!

Avery and I didn't know much of the playoffs we were going to be able to see in person but we were trying for at least one game in each series. The Blackhawks first opponent was the St. Louis Blues.

We went to both of the games in St. Louis but sadly the Hawks lost both. However when the series went to Chicago they won both games there, then the next one at Scottrade Center, and then the final game at United Center.

They played the Wild next and Avery and I couldn't make a single game but they won the series and were moving on to the Western Conference Final against the Los Angeles Kings.

You played so great babe, I said when Jonathan came to visit for graduation.

Avery and I both graduated and we were officially free from school.

Avery and I went to the first two games at the UC and they won the first game and lost the second and then the series moved to LA. Where the Blackhawks lost game 3 and 4. They came back to Chicago for game 5 and won. They went back to LA and won again tying the series at 3-3. They came back to Chicago for game 7 but sadly lost ending their season.

~~

Avery and I are leaving for Anaheim, California to start training for FIVB. When we got to our hotel we put all of our stuff away and then changed clothes for practice. We worked super hard at practice and sweated a ton but we already look like an amazing volleyball team who's been playing together for years.

After practice Avery and I went and ate dinner before going back to our room and deciding to talk to the guys.

Hey babe, I said into the phone once I saw his face pop up on the face time screen.

Hey, how was the first day of practice? He asked me smiling.

Great, we already look like a team that's played together for 5 years.