Chapter 21

* Sophie's POV *
I woke up at 4:30 since my flight was at 7:30 and I took a quick shower before braiding my hair, doing my make up, getting dressed in leggings, a long sleeve volleyball Tshirt, and tennis shoes, and then I ate a small bowl of cereal and a piece of toast with peanut butter. At 5:30 my mom and I left for the airport.

We reached the airport at 6:15 and I said goodbye to my mom before checking in and heading to my terminal. I got to the waiting area and sat down and texted Jon, Avery, and Kiera. Kiera and I talked a lot while I was in Wichita and we're already really close.

I boarded my flight and 2 hours later I landed in Chicago. I walked out of the terminal and immediately saw Jon standing there with a smile on his face waiting for me. I walked quickly over to him and he pulled me into his arms and kissed me as soon as I was in his arms.

* Skip to February 16th *

Today is my birthday and I woke up to Jon kissing me on the forehead at 6.

Good morning babe, happy birthday! He said as soon as I opened my eyes.

I sat up and gave him a kiss before noticing the tray with breakfast in bed and a couple small boxes laying on the floor next to our bed.

Thank you Jonathan, I said to him before he set the breakfast tray on my lap and laid down with me.

After I ate the breakfast Jon made me I opened the presents he got me which consisted of a journal that I could write the stories I write down in, a Marc by Marc Jocobs handbag, and a silver necklace with a little bow that had to my beautiful, talented, smart girl - Jonathan engraved on the back of it.

Thank you so much Jon, I said to him.

I got out of bed after I finished breakfast and took a shower before doing my hair in Dutch pigtail braids, did my make up, and got dressed in my tracksuit since we had a game to night.

Jon drove to the UC and we went inside and he changed while I moved sticks, pucks, and water bottles to the bench.

The guys started skating onto the ice while I was finishing putting the water out. On their way by every one of the guys said happy birthday to me and then when the coaching staff and other crew members came out they also all told me happy birthday.

Practice went by very quickly today and the guys left and Troy, Jim, and I set to work. We finished everything we needed to do and I did my workout like usual.

The guys started showing up after I finished my workout and I started moving stuff out to the bench. I walked back to the locker room and listened to Q's talk before all of the guys gave me their ceremonial pat on the head and headed out to the ice.

The first period went by rather slowly since no one scored. The second period began and during a stoppage of play the announcer started announcing things about groups in the audience and sponsors of the arena before I heard:
We would like to wish a happy 22nd birthday to Miss Sophie Adams one of our equipment managers here for the Chicago Blackhawks!
Play started up again and soon after it did Hammer sent one into the back of the net back it 1-0. In the third period one of the Pens players scored tying it up at 1-1. No one else scored in the third period so we moved on to overtime where no one scored yet again. We got to a shootout and the Pens first player got it passed Crow but fortunately so did Jon. The second Pens player missed but Kaner did not, the Pens third player missed also meaning all we had to do to win was get this one in the net, and that is exactly what Sharpie did for us.

The guys cleared off the bench and I started moving all of the stuff back to the locker room. When I finished with that I went around and picked up all of the guys jerseys and put them in the laundry pile.