Chapter 8

* Sophie's POV *

Jon left two days ago and today my family and I were heading up to Chicago for the game against the Avalanche.

We were all at the airport and I was face timing Jon.

Well were all here, the planes supposed to board in like 10 minutes so we should be there in 3 hours, I said.

Yeah, it says online that the planes on time and is going to land at 4:30 so when you get here, I should be able to co.e to your hotel and steal you away for a date? He asked me.

Of course you can, I said smiling.

Great, I'll pick you up at 7?

Sure, what should I wear?

Something casual that you can move in, he said.

Alright, I gotta go bit I'll see you at 7.

Yep, have a good flight babe and I'll see you soon, bye.

We hung up and I boarded the plane. I ended up being the only one in my family who wasn't sitting with another person in the family, so we'll see who I end up sitting by.

I had been sitting on the plane for 10 minutes when the person I was sitting next to showed up.

Hi, I'm Kylie, she said nicely.

I looked up at her and the second she saw my face she gasped.

Oh my gosh, you're Sophie Adams, Wichita State volleyball captain/ professional volleyball player whose also dating Jonathan Toews. You're my role model, I want to go to college and play volleyball like you did, she said excitedly.

Yep, what position do you play? I asked her.

She was a tall, skinny girl with mid length blonde hair and green eyes, she was very pretty.

I'm an outside, she said.

We talked about volleyball and ourselves the whole way there and we exchanged phone numbers when we landed, she was a really nice girl.

It was really nice to meet you Sophie, she said.

It was nice to meet you too Kylie, I hope we stay in touch, I said back.

Definitely, she said before it was our turn to get off of the plane.

I walked up to the rest of my family and we went and got our luggage before getting in a couple vans and going to the hotel.

After we checked in I changed into black leggings, a oversized blue sweater, Uggs, and put my hair into a side braid.

I was ready by 6:30 and I sat around with my family watching TV.

At exactly 7 there was a knock on the door.

I opened the door and was greeted by a smiling Jon.

Hi babe, ready to go? He asked.

Yep, bye guys! I yelled behind me as I was closing the door.

We headed down to Jon's car and he opened the door for me and then quickly walked to the other side of the car.

We drove for about ten minutes and we had pulled up next to The Rosebud, a restaurant I've wanted to go to since my first trip to Chicago several years ago.

We walked in and got seated immediately, we ate and talked the whole time, and then we headed back out to the car.

We drove around for a little while longer before we pulled up next to the United Center.