Chapter 24

* Sophie's POV *

I woke up at 6:30 and did my usual morning routine for game day before Jon and I drove to the arena for the morning skate. Practice was normal and then Jon said goodbye to me and I got to work on everything that I needed to do. I finished everything I needed to do and did my work out before the guys started showing up and getting ready for the game.

The guys went out for warm ups and I hung all of the jerseys up before going out to the bench to watch the rest of warm ups. Warm ups ended shortly after and we were in the locker room listening to Q talk about everything that needed to be done and then my head was being patted as all of the guys walked past me and out to the bench for the first period.

We beat the Rangers with a score of 3-1 and we were ready for the harder practices to begin to prepare for the playoffs.

We were finding out tonight who we were playing in the first round so everyone got ready to leave slowly so that they could hear who we were playing.

About 30 minutes after the game we found out we were playing the Nashville Predators and we were traveling first.

We all left right after we found out since everyone was ready to go and they told their families who they were playing.

I drove Jon and I home where we got ready for bed while talking about the schedule for the upcoming week of more intense and longer practices.

We got into bed at 11 o'clock and we both quickly fell asleep.

I woke up at 6:30 and did my normal routine except I made Jon a bigger breakfast since practice was 4 hours long today.

Practice was pretty normal today except for the fact that it was in fact 4 hours long but even after that long and tiring practice the guys seemed abnormally excited.

What's going on you babe? I asked Jon while he was getting changed.

We found out that Kaner got cleared to play 5 weeks early because he worked really hard to get better, he replied.

Well that's great, I said and then waited for the guys to slowly change.

Jon finally finished getting ready so I drove him home and he went and got some lunch from the kitchen before he went up to our room and fell asleep.

I went down to my office and got on my computer to go through my emails when I saw one that surprised me.

Email from: Scholastic Press

Subject: Offer

Hello Miss Adams, this is Dick Robinson the president of Scholastic Press, we have been searching the country looking for a new editor here at Scholastic Press and we think you would be a perfect fit for the job, we were wondering if you would take the job. You might be wondering how we found you, we talked to every university across the country for their best writing student and your name came up and out of 629 other students we have selected you to make this offer to, please think about this offer and feel free to email with any questions or your answer.

-Dick Robinson, President of Scholastic Press

Oh my god, I said to myself and I opened another email and sent him one back asking him some questions.

Hi Mr. Robinson, this is Sophie Adams and I am very honored that you selected me from 629 other students but I do have a couple questions. I was wondering which location of the of business I would be placed at and I also have another work commitment until the end of June and I can't really drop it until then and I was wondering if I could hold of working there until then because I really want this job, it has been by dream job since I was a kid.