Chapter 3 - The Hundred Dollar Bill

BTW the picture is what Luke was wearing in the last chapter :)

Chapter 3 – The Hundred Dollar Bill

Luke

"Listen, tonight's been awesome but I've really go to go-"

"Awww c'mon, don't be like that. At least take me home!" she slurred, coughing and letting her eyes roll back a couple times.

I grabbed her arm as she fell and kept her upright. "You've got a driver, Arzaylea. I'll take you to him."

This was another stupid marriage meeting Marie had set me up on. This time, it was a rich girl in her early twenties who was the daughter of dad's business partner. We'd been to an art museum and went out for a meal afterwards, but someone had had a bit too much wine. I hastily checked my watch and saw that it was already nine – shit. What if that boy Calum was still waiting? No, he would've gone home, it was so late already...

Outside I handed Arzaylea to her driver and caught up with James. "Did you call Calum and tell him to bring Leelou back to his?"

He sucked through his teeth. "I've tried about twenty times, but his phone must be off. What do you want to do? Go to the park?"

"We'd better. Damn, I should've taken an address from him before he left..."

I straightened my suit and brushed off what appeared to be a lipstick mark on my sleeve. The driver sped off towards Druid Hill Park and I anxiously sat through the whole journey, my lip almost bleeding from how much I was biting it.

Please don't be there, please don't be there-

Goddammit, he was there.

Leelou was all curled up in his lap, and he himself had nodded off with his back against the locked gates of the park. I felt so awful as I got out of the car and rushed over to help him up – but he was out cold. James brought over a blanket from the first aid kit and I wrapped it around him whilst James took Leelou and put her in the car.

"Hey Calum," I spoke softly, "You awake? C'mon dude, wake up..." I gently shook his arm but he must've been a seriously heavy sleeper because no matter what I did, he wouldn't rouse. I ended up picking him up in my arms and putting him in the car, ordering the driver to take us back home. I also called the maid to prepare a bed for him, as I still had no idea where he lived.

Grabbing the phone from his pocket, I let his head loll onto the window and plugged it into the charger. Once it turned on, I saw about fifty messages on his screen.

Ash (21:03): where dafuq are u

Ash (20:57): oh wait Michael came she's happy now

Ash (20:48): everyone's waiting for u dude! Angelina looks super pissed rn

Ash (20:22); pick up da fone

Ash (20:14): cal please answer, tell me if Michaels coming

Ash (19:34): did u tell Michael to come

Ash (19:21): hey buddy where u at

There were also several messages from this Michael guy. I sighed and locked the screen, putting it down and instead looking at Calum's sleeping expression. If only he'd been able to see me in my business-wear instead off that sweater that made him laugh. It was a personal favourite of mine so I was pretty offended when he laughed, but hey. Can't please everyone.

Twenty minutes later, we were at my place and carrying Calum, I entered the elevator with Leelou too, and took it to the top floor. My apartment was the penthouse – 5000 square feet of heaven, plenty of luxurious space for relaxation and a breath-taking view of the river, as well as a second floor mezzanine. I'd bought it with my own money, despite it costing almost $3million, and it marked my success after becoming CEO.