Chapter 20 - Dear Lucas

Small revelation coming up! Young Luke ^

Chapter 20

Calum

Saturday

It had been 3 days since I last saw or contacted Luke, and to be honest it was ridiculously hard. I yearned for his touch, his cuddle, his dick inside m- oops – I meant his smile.

And I lost him because I was too stubborn, too ungrateful to accept such an expensive gift that clearly he deserved some acknowledgement for. Now, I had neither my old pair nor a new pair and that was surprisingly irritating. I had to walk around in trainers all day.

Staying with Ashton proved to be very fun. We did homework together, went to college together (with Michael, of course), and his parents were the loveliest people alive. I could tell that there was something going on between Michael and Ashton but I didn't question them because to be honest, I wasn't against it. It would've been nice of them to let me know though.

Friday was the last day of college, and the first thing on my agenda was to find some summer jobs to earn money for a new place.

So when Saturday came, the day I'd signed up to volunteer at the zoo because of Luke, I was sort of sceptical about the pros and cons of actually turning up.

Firstly, Luke would be there. For sure; he was the organiser, after all – avoiding him was like squaring the circle.

But at the same time, this was exactly the kind of experience I needed. Dog-walking was fine and dandy but I wanted something solid and professional, and volunteering was the perfect opportunity to show that I was capable and not just after money. Plus, something like this hadn't come up in a long while and going out would be nice.

After thinking about it over breakfast, I came to the conclusion that going would probably be for the best. I got dressed, brushed my teeth and hair, told the other two what was happening and headed out.

On the way, my phone vibrated. It was an unknown number, so I picked up with hesitancy.

"H...hello?"

"Hi, is this Calum the Dog Walker?" the voice spoke. It sounded like they were sniggering, maybe even putting on a voice.

I cleared my throat. "Yes, speaking. How can I help you?"

"Well, I have a dog called Leelou and she hasn't seen you in several days. She is showing symptoms of withdrawal. Can you cure this?"

Leelou... Huh, Luke was calling? I thought I'd deleted my number from his phone?

"Luke? How on earth do you have my number?" I said in a low voice.

He chuckled on the other side, making me smile a little. "Oh come on Cal, I'm rich." I scoffed. "No, I'm joking. Well, not about being rich – but anyway, I saw your poster for dog-walking. It's everywhere, you're basically self-advertising your number. Be careful, you could have random guys calling you up on Saturday mornings to tend to their problems."

I started blushing majorly because the voice he was using now matched with the face he had whenever he fucked me. Flustered as I may have been, I kept calm. "Wait... how come I don't recognise this number then?"

"I have more than one phone, you idiot."

"S-so, why are you calling me?"

"Because, I'm at the zoo today and I was hoping you'd come along."

"Did you forget? I'm coming anyway. You told me to sign up two weeks ago."

He paused. "I did? How come your name isn't on the list?"