Chapter 4 - Jack's Hot Dogs

Collage of Luke's apartment :) Yes the place actually exists! And it's in Baltimore too :))

Chapter 4 – Jack's Hot Dogs

Calum

Sunday

"Oh I forgot – I accidentally left your phone in here last night. You seem to have a lot of messages, I'd check them if I were you. I promise this time that I'll be waiting at the park at seven. Bye now!"

The car window rolled up and I could no longer see Luke's face. With Leelou's leash around my wrist I let out a deep sigh, trying to calm down my raging heart, but failing massively. The black car drove off into the distance, leaving me stranded and far away from home.

Was he really the guy from the convertible? If I remembered correctly, the Watson's lived about forty minutes away by car from here. Dismissing that thought, I unlocked my phone and saw so many notifications I could've been famous. Most were angry messages from Ashton, a few worried ones from Michael, and even some missed calls from Luke. Firstly, I called Michael.

"Dude! Where have you been? Was the dog guy not who he was supposed to be? Did he take you somewhere? Talk to me boy," he ranted, making me hold the phone away from my face slightly so I didn't become deaf.

"I'm fine Mikey. He was just a bit late and I fell asleep. He took me back to his and I stayed the night, no big deal. Can you send a taxi or something? I have no idea how to get home, the idiot had to leave in a rush."

But Michael wasn't done yet. "Stayed the night?! Oh my lord, this guy better not be some creepy forty year old who owns a white van..."

"Trust me, nothing happened! And he's not old, he's pretty young and the fittest guy around here, I promise."

"Whatever you say. Anyway, what were you saying about a taxi?"

"Oh yeah – The sign here says Silo Point, 1200 Steuart Street. Can you be quick?"

He said yes and hung up, whilst I stroked Leelou's fluffy hair. After fifteen long minutes of waiting the taxi arrived and I got in with Leelou, stating my street. I whispered to Leelou 'waiting is all we ever seem to do eh', earning a little look from the driver in the rear mirror. I wanted to tell him to mind his own business, but kept my mouth shut to save the drama.

~

Luke kept to his word and we met at the park at precisely 7pm. I swooned again upon seeing him and his smile, and had to chant 'I don't like guys' repeatedly to stop my little guy from springing up.

"Thanks for your help. I shouldn't need any more help but if I do, I'll call you."

"F-feel free to," I called as he departed, lifting up my left foot and tapping it shyly on the ground.

~

Monday

"CALUM you idiot where the hell were you?!" Ashton roared, pouncing on me like some wildebeest or other. "I waited for you the whole evening! And you didn't even reply or pick up your calls!! Now spill, what better things did you have that meant you could miss the party? I mean, Michael did come, but that's not the point!"

"Chill, Ash, let me speak!" I fought back, sitting down at my desk whilst Ashton followed me.

"Go on then?"

I sighed. "I was dog-sitting but the owner didn't show up until I'd fallen asleep and you know how I can't be woken up that easily and all... my phone died and I stayed at his. Is that okay?"