Chapter 35 - Forever [Final Chapter]

This is it guys 😭

Chapter 35

Luke

Tuesday

"No, I will not get a divorce with you!" Marie screeched for the third time, pulling at her hair. She paced the room with heavy breaths whilst her soon to be ex-husband stood firmly with his arms crossed, posture heroic for the first time in many years.

"You made me leave my wife for you, and you still weren't satisfied with that. So dissatisfied that you had to go and kill her, alongside a family of innocent people!" dad shouted back. I simply leant against the bedpost, checking my nails with my eyebrows raised. "You didn't even have the decency to help anyone, and had the audacity to come crying to me playing the victim."

Marie swallowed, pouring herself some cold water from the glass jug and downing it in one. "Divorces can only be accepted through the court if there's a valid reason, and if both parties agree. You'd be nowhere without my help-"

"And how much have I repaid you over the past decade? At least tenfold, if not more! Of course I'm grateful that you helped my company out of a bad situation, but now circumstances have changed. Luke's in charge now, and he's taking the business to new heights never seen before in the leisure industry. You might be able to say no now, but once I reveal all your other secrets I've kept for the sake of our daughters, you'll be on your knees begging for my help."

A few moments passed in silence as Marie thought hard about what decision to make. "Where will I live, if you kick me out?" she asked suddenly in a soft voice, as if pretending to be broke.

"I have multiple estates that would fit your taste all over the world. You can pick where you want to stay."

Her fists tightened and she replied, "Fine. But you must send money too, not only for me but for the girls."

"Don't worry, Angelina, Grace and Lucie are my daughters as well; I'd appreciate it now if you signed the forms and started packing your bags."

All of a sudden Marie was spurting tears from her sickly blue eyes, crying, "You can't just use me and throw me away! I have rights too!"

"So did Liz. You took it all away from her, now please just sign the form."

She yanked the black fountain pen from dad and scribbled her name on the line at the end of many pages of tick boxes and writing. I grinned at dad, proud that he'd stood up to her so well when he'd been through the same pain as I had.

All I had left to do now was find Calum and be with him for good; no more interferences, no more annoying people – oh wait. I guess there was one more thing to do before leaping into the sunset with the guy who began as my dog walker.

~

"So remind me why we're meeting in the middle of the day?" Arzaylea groaned, taking a swig from a flask she kept in her pocket.

"I need to thank you for your information on Marie. Seriously, I'm so glad you told me because now she can stop messing up my life and go where she belongs," I replied calmly, glancing at the paintings in the art gallery café we were in.

She shrugged. "It's fine. I take it you also want me to let you and that boy be as well?"

I smiled at her, softening my gaze. "I'd appreciate it, yes. I'm sorry that things turned out this way for you, but if you wanna date someone who looks like me, I could introduce you to my brother Jack?"

Her ears perked, her hands let go of the flask and she raised her eyebrows. "Jack? Where do I find this Jack you speak of?"

I chuckled. "He owns a small hot dog joint in central Baltimore. I'll take you there some day, if you want."