Chapter 15 - Boyfriend

Chapter 15

Luke

Saturday

"Wanna make me food again?" I asked, my hands loosely hanging around his waist as we laid on the white leather recliner overlooking the water below. It was nearing six pm and my stomach was demanding to be fed before it growled at me for the umpteenth time.

"Can't tonight, your parents invited me for dinner."

I narrowed my eyes. "What, without me?"

He nodded, his lips forming a cute pout. "Angelina said."

"Oh," I replied curtly, shifting in my position below him. "Why are you still hanging out with her?"

"She's still my classmate, you know. And it's just a harmless dinner. I'll be back before you know it."

Haha, well he didn't know my family. No dinner with them was ever harmless, not even your regular day-to-day one – there was always some kind of purpose behind them, however discreet it may have been. "Should I come with you?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow cautiously.

"Well, they're your family after all... but I don't think you should... I mean, come if you want... I just..."

"What's wrong?"

He sat up and pivoted so he was facing me with a somewhat unsure look. "What are we?"

Upon hearing this question I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Like..." he looked up at the ceiling, before continuing. "We're kind of together but we're not exactly dating, are we? And you haven't introduced me to your parents as a boyfriend, and for all I know I could just be here as some relief from that girl who calls you her future husband."

I sighed lightly and used my hands to bring him closer, so our noses touched. "You mean more to me than 'relief', trust me. I'll tell you what; I'm gonna come with you and tell them tonight that you're my boyfriend. Okay?" I was really worried about what would happen, especially with what happened with Ashton all those years ago, but if Calum wanted it then I ought to give it to him.

His lips curved into a small smile and he kissed me quickly, whispering, "Whatever you say, daddy."

Calum

We pulled into the private car park and once the engine was turned off I got out, straightening my clothes. This was, after all, my first proper meeting with his parents, unlike last time where he basically dragged me out in the middle of a meal. They weren't expecting him but I brushed it off since they were family.

Walking up the small grassy hill, I realised just how tidy the front garden was – nothing was out of place, nothing had a purpose. How exactly could a marble statue with no arms be used to defend oneself during a zombie apocalypse, huh?

I was snapped out of my little reverie by one of many maids, who when they saw Luke, immediately straightened their backs and avoided eye contact. They took my jacket and Luke's blazer, and we headed down the endless corridors till we reached a massive dining room – different to the one I was in the other week.

"Calum! How nice of you to – Luke? What are you doing here?" Marie asked spitefully, her sharp fingernails digging into the flawless skin on her cheek.

"I'm family too, aren't I?" Luke replied casually, sitting down opposite his dad. It was all I could do to not to smirk and laugh out loud.

My eyes caught onto Angelina, who looked somewhat pissed at me. She stood up abruptly and dragged Luke out of the room, leaving me with the two middle agers plus a few maids. Marie cleared her throat, pouring me a glass of wine.