Chapter 21 - An Engagement

As promised, Calum's letters 💖 btw pic shows random pic I found, just pretend Caleb is Calum and Greenpeace is Luke =P

Chapter 21

Luke

Sunday

25th January 2007

Dear Lucas,

I mooved house today, it was fun but auntie sarah got very angrey at the delivry man and then she got very angrey at me becus I asked to go back and get the stamp to send this letter she also forgot it was my birthday but I ran to mummy, daddy and mali's graves and they said happy birthday insted.

But now I am eleven yrs old! That means you must be 18. Wow your so old!!

My science teacher says I have a talent for biology. I don't know what biology is though she asked me what I want to do when I'm big and I said I want to be like Lucas!

It's strange because she didn't know who you were. When I explaned that you were a very cool guy with a lip peercing and soft hair which is hidden under a cap she said that's not a very good career but then I told her that you love animals. She laughed like I was stupid.

People don't understand us! But that's okay isn't it? 

Love u lots and pls reply soon, its been two yrs and I sent probebly 100 letters but you never reply 

Calum

Below the letter was a drawing of him, a small brown dog and sixteen year old me, which was really fucking weird because the dog looked strangely like Leelou. It had massive dark brown eyes and curly hair. My eyebrows furrowed, but I shook it off as a creepy coincidence and put the letter at the bottom of the pile, flipping through the rest with cloudy eyes.

4th October 2008

Dear Lucas,

My classmates are meanies. Today they kicked me very hard in the tummy and it really hurts...

31st July 2009

Dear Lucas,

Where do you live now? I want to live with you, not with auntie sarah...

19th March 2010

Dear Lucas,

Auntie Sarah finally bought me a phone! Can I have your number...

22nd December 2011

Dear Lucas,

Are you receiving any Christmas presents this year? I tried to send you one but the charity wouldn't accept it...

16th July 2012

Dear Lucas,

This will be my last letter. Why I've chosen today, I'm not quite sure, but I feel as though it's an important day. So I have a few last words for you.

Firstly, I have no idea if you've even read these. Because if you have, I'll feel really ecstatic but at the same time a bit concerned that you haven't replied yet. Also, you'll know a lot about me because I've spilled my whole life into these letters. All 549 of them. Yes, I keep count!