7: Dark Blue Beautiful

The door extends all the way open after I hear myself scream from the shock of seeing the creature hand. The piercing sound is so keen I almost don't hear Harry's laughter among it, radiating like the vibrations of a bass drum. But, unfortunately, I do. He's laughing like a mad maniac, loud and clear, trying to irritate me, I'm sure.

I nearly smack him, but my good manners cease me from that most unlady-like action.

The face behind the door emerges, and I see a young man with a trimmed goatee and a grunge rocker look. His black hair looks blue in the light of the interior of his place, and his eyes are a dark black. I have never seen eyes so dark before, as if they are lusting at your soul.

He takes off the creature hand, revealing a very human male, very veiny hand.

I sigh in relief.

"Just rubber." He informs me, and I notice he has an accent.

It's very rough british, I think.

I try to smile, but fail. I am just too shocked.

"The name's Hooter Lions, at your service, love. Well, not your service, but here I am nonetheless." The man greets me, extending out that same hand for me to shake.

I shakily take his hand. He has a firm grip, but a sloppy shake. It's like he's drunk.

"I'm Tahlia Eyre. I'm Harry's-" I say in return, but am cut off by Harry's hand smashing over my mouth.

I can feel his palm against my lips. It's rough and rugged, just like the rest of him.

"Your Harry's what?" Hooter asks, his eyes raised up in amusement, his lips curved in a slight smile.

I notice he's chewing on something too. It's white and sticky. I'm sure I don't really want to know what it is. I'm going to say marshmallows for my own sake.

"Her science partner." Harry says in a lower voice.

When Hooter stays quiet, Harry shrugs like it's nothing, then adds,

"We have to spend time together. It's the assignment, and she can't seem to stay away from me, so I let her come."

Hooter tilts his head to the side, then points his finger at me, shaking it like he's going to tell me something important. That or scold me like an errant child.

"And how do you like it so far, love? Coming?"

I feel my cheeks redden. I don't know what to say to him.

Hooter tosses his hand about, and begins to laugh like a fool.

"I'm just yanking your cuffs, baby, don't mind me. Come on in, both of ya." He says, and steps back so that we can enter.

The interior is like stepping inside an ocean. The lights are blue with clear spotlights casting down in a certain areas frequently so that it appears as sunlight reflecting water. It's all so...breathtaking.

My first reaction normally would be to exclaim loudly that it's very beautiful, and then that his house is all extremely unique, but I'm not sure where any of that will get me.

Instead, I inhale a sharp breath upon entering, but keep my praising comments to myself.

Harry doesn't say anything. He's been here before, obviously. None of this is new to him in any way.

Hooter walks down a white hallway shaped like a squiggly snake, and enters a room with long leather white couches. He takes a seat and gestures for us to do the same.

"Tell me, Tahlia. Why on earth would you want to befriend him?" Hooter asks me, running a hand through his hair.

He points at Harry, because he is the matter at hand.