28: Who You Are

• Dedicated to Every beautiful person reading this story. I love you. Thank you.

I cant't help but throw my head back in laughter as I remove my sweater and boots. I don't know why I am even considering doing this, but somehow I know I can trust Harry. Trust him in every way, and I want to do what he wants, go where ever he wishes to go.

"You want to race me? In the freezing water?" I ask him, utterly astounded.

Harry nods a bit, almost imperceptibly.

"Well, not exactly race. It's more like I want to show you what you're missing." He explains, his mouth pinched in a cute line of confidence.

"Oh?"

"C'mon. There's no way you have any sort of good fun like this cooped up in that mansion all day long." He teases.

It's true, though. When I'm not at school, I am usually there. And when I am there I am reading, or doing whatever my father says I must do, if he is even there, or what Villie expects that his requests would be. Otherwise I go by Villie's laws, and her strictness is nothing compared to my barely there father. Alarja and I spend time together sometimes, but it isn't spent doing things like this. It's more of a coffee shop run, walk down the avenue, shopping sort of thing. This is a poor boy's fun. Lake swimming, tree climbing, things like that. I don't want to get my dress dirty to be honest, but I want to follow Harry. And at the moment Harry is going to dive into some freezing cold water.

Harry's arms do not go above his head as I expected them to before his little dive. They stay at his sides, and I do not understand how it happens but it seems like his whole body guides him into the water. Not like he fell face forward, but like he soared into the water, a giant leap like advance from springing fire feet. The splash it made was imperceptible, invisible even. When Harry hit the water I didn't see it come up into the air, messed up by an intruder. It was almost like the water parted for him, like he was a missing puzzle piece that now came back to fit the whole picture again.

I watch as his body moves in the water, how his back arches and his arms swirl with the small waves he makes. It's one of the most intriguing sights I have ever seen. He may be rugged and reckless, but he looks like a God to me, a flawless creature asunder the silent blue waters.

I dive in after him, remembering it is a race, but mostly because I want to be wherever he is. The minute my body hits the freezing water I begin to shiver and swim forward after Harry, who is far ahead of me, almost to the shoreline of the bay.

He is deep into the lake, swimming as fast as he can, I'm sure.

A second later, his head shoots above the surface. He grins my way, his body treading in the water.

"Don't make me change my mind about letting you win." He calls, his skin sparkling in the sunlight with the drips of water.

On the other side is nothing but blue sky, emerald forest, and one large cluster of rock, which I suspect was once a part of the mountain that now sits in the center of the lake, whether the tale is true or not.

"Harry!" I call, giggling as I swallow a mouthful of the crisp water.

He doesn't answer, just keeps swimming until he reaches the other side. I try not to be distracted by his muscles as his arm comes up out of the water, his hand compressing on the mass of rock, because the fabric is clinging to his bulging skin like the thin material of a balloon, nearly on the verge of busting apart. He pulls himself up onto the rocky surface and relaxes back, his chest heaving up and down. I am there before I know it , lying by his side, my breathe equally as erratic. His head turns over and he looks at me with happiness, pure bliss in his eyes. His hair is damp against his forehead, and his eyes have never glistened so brightly. It's almost like being in the water revived him, made him look like he just returned from the sunny beaches after summer break. I stare at his beauty. I don't think I will ever get used to how beautiful he really is, but right now he just looks like a dang dime.