61: The Angel's Deal

Finally, after a million minutes, the waiting is over.

God and Gabriel return.

Gabriel flies above, way up high, by His head.

"Tahlia Addison Eyre? I have made a decision. This decision is solely on you." God announces. "You are the mortal. Much lies on you in this. Please step forward."

I take a step forward, my hand shakily leaving Harry's.

"I shall bestow upon you a choice, Ms.Eyre. This will be no ordinary choice, nor simple, but you must decide soon or else I cannot let it be an option for the better. You are aware of the crime he is committing, one which he did before. He has disobeyed me twice. He is a good angel in heart, but not in trade. Not in law. And not in safety. You could be hurt. It is never safe for his kind to be with a mortals, such a delicate one as you even. But now that you know, you know all of everything, and you still do not plead victim, you too commit a crime. Tahlia, I have spoken with Gabriel, my highest archangel, and have come to a decision considering everything, even what I have not mentioned." God tells me, his Light a holy crown.

I mentally run through everything.

+Harry's good purpose

+His curse of falling in love with me

+The crime of me loving him back knowing everything

+Me, a mortal, being aware of the world beyond normal

+The demonic threat to his kind on his shoulders

+Literally, God knows what else

"I am ready to hear it." I say.

God says to me, "You have two options in this choice. I shall give you time to decide. You have one year."

I nod.

"You either must become an angel and fall like Abbadon did many years ago, meaning never can you come here to Heaven. You shall have the angel's...immortality, of course. Or you will burn for the sake of many things. Or, of course, you can leave Harry and we will leave you alone. Harry will be punished. I do not want to hear your choice now." God says.

An angel steps out from the shadows.

"He shall take you home." God says, pointing to the angel. "Otik is a great flier. I must say, I change my mind on the time. I want to know as soon as possible. I do not have the patience to wait. "

I don't think about my life now. I take Harry's hand and follow the angel into the air, back home to Rhode Island, saying nothing at all to the Great Creator.

***

Otik takes us back home, until he trusts Harry to fly us the rest of the way. (Like Harry is some sort of handicap.) It kinda pisses Harry off, but he doesn't say anything. We fly until we reach my mansion. Harry kisses my cheek as we land under my window.

"I can't believe all we've been through...and look at you, still sane, still in love with me." Harry says, brushing my hair away from my cheek.

"Always." I whisper, and I kiss his lips.

***

Villie is back home when I get inside and so is my father. After I am scolded and punished and my dad fires his private investigator and all the questions stop(which I continue to lie about) everything is okay. They both kiss me and hold me for what feels like a long time. Then they finally let go.

***

Apparently, school does not wait on anyone. Even if you are trying to save your relationship and humanity from ultimate destruction. Considering, my life right now, this really pisses me off. I don't have time for school. I have a decision to make. But Harry and I turn in our late assignments-including the one for biology. We takes pictures by the boat docks, in a tree, on the rock by our river. I tell Mr. Garlin in the report all I have learned about Harry Styles, leaving out, of course, the most fascinating stuff. He's caring, protective of those he loves, and perhaps the most hopeful person I have ever met. After all this time, even in my oblivion, he still had hope.