31: Torment

I'm awestruck by the intensity of the creature before me, flying gloriously and in a much emotionally powerful way. Never had I seen an angel before now. And if I do, it is not likely that angel would compare to the one I see now. Those wings are so huge and radiate glory. His whole body has a sparkling shimmer surrounding it, as if he may disappear at any time into a separate realm of the world. He is so beautiful. So, so beautiful. I feel my heart begin to burst apart with joy. I have missed him. I have needed him with me. I don't wish to think about what just happened with Luke and especially not the Dark Daisy. All I want is to touch those massively beautiful wings and fold myself into his arms forever.

He comes into my window and stands before. His feet are bare and beautiful, and his eyes are softly green on me.

"Hello." He says.

I want to greet him back, but I need answers and I need them now.

I may be too up front, too intensely possessively needy for who he is. But I don't mind it at the moment. All I want is to know, and to understand the truth.

"So you put a Gem in my eyes so I could see you for what you really were?" I asked him, gesturing to him wings. "This beautiful...beautiful angel."

Harry's eyes widen a little, and then he walks over to me and pulls me to his chest. It is so unexpected I gasp.

His head throws back.

"Baby, what did you say?" He asks, breathing hard.

"I said..." I begin to say, but seeing his chest rise and fall and his wings beat and glow my mouth goes dry.

"Oh, Tahlia. Oh, baby, say it again." Harry moans.

"What?" I chock out.

He is so beautiful. So beautiful.

"That I'm a beautiful angel."

"You're a beautiful angel. I love you, my angel. You're mine. All mine. I have my own angel." I coo, speaking slow and soft as my hand begins stroking his curls.

"How did you know, baby?" He whispers.

He is talking about the Gem. How I know what it even is and that he is the one who gave it to me. That how is it possible that I can see his gorgeous wings at this very moment in time.

I know he probably won't be happy with my answer, but if I expect his whole truth then I should give him mine.

"I saw Luke tonight. He told me about the Gem in my eyes. That is why I can see your wings. You put this in my sight, and now I can see what cannot be seen by humans. And so far, I'm loving it." I explain, and reach out to touch one of his wings.

Harry pulls away as if my touch was about to burn him.

I would never burn my angel.

"You saw Luke tonight?" He demands, as if he does not believe it.

I still do not myself.

But what is more is the intense emotion in Harry's eyes.

He's angry.

"I was worried about you..." I begin.

He scoffs, rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

"Are you serious? You are worried about my ass, and then prance off to Luke for the night? After I told you I would come by and see you later? In your bedroom? Tahlia, baby, you should slow down and think a little. I'm throughly pissed." He says, and yet his voice isn't exactly as angry as I expected.