56: Falling In Fog

It has been a long time since I've seen such a lovely sight as the one in front of me now. The water glistens in my eyes. It's glorious, glittering, like jewels. There's a tiny cave beside the ocean (and in the ocean is where I see a few fish jumping up from its waves as we pass by) and I follow Harry inside it.

"This is home...for now." He says, gesturing around us.

I take a moment to look around. Strings of lights cross from one side to the other throughout the cave, rough scratch marks adorn the walls, and a lump of something soft lies in the back, probably a bed. There's a pile of food stuffed inside a basket, and a couple lawn chairs sit around a small pile of wood. He sees me staring.

"I'm gonna light a fire later. It tends to be cold at night." He explains, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"It's summer." I tell him, confused.

I didn't think it was cold at all when the sun was at its strongest.

"Like I said." And he walks out toward the lake, but I can't tell if he is expecting me to follow or not.

I follow him anyway.

"How did you get the lights to work in a cave?" I ask once I come up behind him.

His body doesn't move. I feel the breeze withering around us, like the summer heat is coming back hard, but then it is all gone. A flash of cold air bursts suddenly at us, and the temperature feels like it just dropped massively. I'm never this cold back at the beach house. Is it the cave? That doesn't make sense.

"Solar power and uh...something else. I have some hidden talents."

I snort.

"Hidden talents? Oh really? Other than seducing women?"

He smirks and shakes his head slightly.

"That's not a talent. That's a gift. My talent is I can fix things." Harry tells me.

I lean against the cave wall, just watching him. It's a pretty sight around me, but as for the one in front of me? It's one for the angels to behold.

"Well okay. So what happens now? How long do you want me to stay here with you? Do you know what was wrong with my Auntie?" I ask him.

He huffs a little.

"One at a time, alright? And just relax. You can stay here as long as you like. I'm not going to stop you from going back to that beach house...I just wouldn't recommend it."

"Oh...right." I shift uncomfortably.

I have a feeling he knows. He probably knows more than I think or he lets on.

He sits on the edge of the sand and relaxes back. I lie beside him. The sky is such a pallet color, almost a transition between night and day. It's so strange.

"It's nice out." I comment, staring at the scene above.

There is a small silence, a strange silence, and then I hear him say it. Like, oh my good Lord, he actually says something that sounds a whole freaking lot like-

"I'm falling in love with you." He says abruptly.

I nearly chock on my own spit.

"What?" Did I hear him right?

"I said I am falling for you. It's not...I'm sorry." He struggles for the right way to say it, then I stare dumbfounded as he sits up and, with pride, looks straight into my eyes.

The backdrop of the strange sky is very becoming on him.

I sit up and stare at him, my chest heaving, my eyes watering.