58: Flash Future

The flashing stops as suddenly as it began. I'm back where I belong...I was only inside my memory...understanding...living as though I were a puppet to my own brain...it all seems just what it is now...a memory...I seek my eyes about(delicate things, eyes, they can see without even being opened)...I feel him rather than see him...Harry is holding me. Everything is so extraordinarily bright.

"I love your eyes." I breathe as I open my own.

They fill with tears it seems (or a mighty great sadness), those beautiful green orbs, and his cheeks turn pink.

"Oh, baby. Oh, you're back. I love you so much." He sobs, pulling me up to his chest.

I let the warmth of him flow through me. This is much better than what I felt that summer. This is love and everything I could ever ask for in a world I do not own but cherish.

"I fell into my memory. Someone wanted me to see...I know what happened." I whisper, still wonderstruck that I am back.

"You smell so good,too." He barely says, smelling me, like I said nothing at all strange. "Oh my God, I'm so thankful you-"

"Did you like all that you learned?" An intense but intriguing voice speaks from behind me.

Harry's grip tightens on me. I turn to see-

"Wow." I gasp.

Harry lets out a hard huff of breathe. In front of me stands the most striking angel I've ever seen while here in Heaven. His blonde hair and light eyes shine just as bright as the white light surrounding him.

"I would be very pleased and grateful if you didn't tell God I snuck it back into your head. My name is Lu."

"As in loser." Harry snaps.

"As in Lu, a messenger angel to God. I seek out dreams and prayer. I wonder, when you fell into the past, did you know who you were?"

I suddenly remember how I felt the first day, when I awoke to the sunset and found myself barely dressed.

"What I felt was confusion and fear. I didn't know how I got there when I woke, but I knew I was Tahlia Eyre. But I wasn't me exactly. I was dressed all wrong and I did things I would never do. I didn't just visit the past, I lived it. Again. But when I think of it I just know it feels like last summer, not moments ago. I found the diary I kept that summer. I read it that first day and then kept reading it. It told me things from the future. It left me confused. My witch aunt bewitched it. It was a warning I didn't listen to. I didn't listen to any warnings. I also didn't remember Harry now, I met him for the first time that summer. We were both different and yet the same. It really feels, all of it now, as though it truly were in the past. And I may, this moment, live for the present."

Harry takes my hands into his.

"You have to know, sweetheart, that the way I was then...it wasn't right...I was insane. I treated you so horribly and I didn't know what love really was I had to have a second chance I had to just-"

I stop him, shush him with a finger to his lips.

"What you must understand is that I am fully aware that both is were quite different then. We were afraid. When ignorant and in fear one never knows the truth of themselves or others, and are therefore blind to love. But we have love now, Harry. We had it then, but it was tucked away, unseen, masked by anger and lust. And most of all fear. You were afraid of being in love with me. And when you finally realized you were, everything fell apart. I understand, Harry. I watched you change. I watched both of us change and fall deep into one another. It wasn't just chance that we met in that beach, that you took my sunlight away and shaded me in a world I did not yet understand. It was fate. You are my fate. I fear it no longer. And I am yours, always, no matter where we go when it unravels."