60: Lu's Light

They all come, spliced between our supporters and our opposers, with faces of war and opportunity, with my life and my love in their hands, set upon the tips of their wings.

Lu's globe of glory has blazed in the presence of The Host, has masked God's mind and made him see something that perhaps would have been nothing. Now we might have a chance.

I see Lu, Gabriel, Duma, Af, all angels I know.

Af and Gabriel are against us. Lu and Duma are for us.

The angels distinctly separate further and God calls order.

"Welcome to the Order of the Cursed Ones, my Host. A great decision shall be made today. I need all of you, use your greatest intellect to aide me."He announces.

He gestures to the side that are against.

"Please, Gabriel, tell us all why this much of The Host of angels are against this love between mortal and chiller?" God asks.

Gabriel puffs up his chest and points to Harry and I accusingly.

"He and his mortal woman are committing a crime! She is aware of everything, and look at her, still loving a monster! And he, bringing havoc on his kind! We cannot control the demons if they come, what if they hurt humans?" Gabriel cries.

God asks him to settle down, patting his head like a little pet.

"Please, Gabriel, please. I can promise the demons will not harm the humans. My mankind will be untouched. I would never harm them or let them be harmed by me. Yes, she is still committing such a crime as this in which we speak, you are correct in this. Besides the demons, I do believe it was against my wishes for the Chillers to love a mortal. They must fall in love and reproduce with other angels. And has he found his good purpose yet? That was also a wish. Of course, he still has time, but yet it is against him in this moment."

Lu raises his hand.

"Please, my Lord! Please listen! He has found his good purpose! He is loving her, taking care of her! He is!" Lu shouts.

"How can this be proved?" sneers Gabriel.

"It can by looking into their eyes and seeing the truth." Duma counters.

"Settle down." God says to them. "I see...I see."

"If something happens to the mortal is that not her own choice? Is it not something that is free? Do we believe in being free?" One of the angels ask that support us.

"No, we do not." spits back one of the opposers. "We believe in loyalty!"

"So is this all about God? They still love God, they still have loyalty to things, they have love. They are not evil! They are simply different. And what is so wrong with being different?" Lu asks.

God says, "Different! Oh, it is all blasphemy! They are putting themselves in danger. If he loves her and keeps her safe and calls it his good deed, then that is something I must see! If he claims to be safe, she claims to love him then she must know! Humans cannot know about the existence of the chillers or any of the fantasy creatures. Humans must believe the happy lie. It keeps them happy."

"I would never...I would never say anything." I promise.

"I would hope not." God says to me.

"But how should this be dealt with, then?" Gabriel demands to know.

"My dear, Gabriel, we shall discuss it alone. I know you will help me." God says.

And the two of them leave.

"This is such...horsecrap." Harry tells me. "I'm not sorry I fell in lobe with you, though. Hell, I'll never be sorry."

I squeeze his hand and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Do not say that world here!" shouts one of the angels.

Harry shakes his hands mockingly as if the word is scary.

"Oooh. I'm so sorry, High Archangel of Curse Words." He mocks.

The angel comes toward us, angry.

"See! Look at them! They don't deserve any of our mercifulness!" He says to the others.

Lu shakes his head.

"You're all ignorant if you think that. All of you." Lu says.

"I don't care! We will see what the choice is when the decision is made! We will see what happens to your precious lovers!" Another cries threateningly.

"We shall see!"

And there we were, sweating, wondering, waiting...

I wait on God.

I wait on the biggest impaction in my life.

But I wait with hope.

That is all I need.

Hope, and love. And luckily, I have both.