• Two •

2.

Elsa stood there, looking at him, completely dumbfounded.

It was like she was a ghost for him, invisible. 'Or maybe I am, in fact, nonexistent to him' She thought to herself. He was just listening to music, texting, completely ignoring her existence... While she was standing by his side like an idiot.

What in hell she was supposed to do now.

Elsa inhaled deeply a few times to calm her nerves, and tried once again.

"Ehem... Excuse me?" She said, with her voice slightly shaking. No answer.

She cleared her throat a bit noisily hoping to catch his attention, and called him again. "Sorry... J-Jack?" She said louder than before. Again, no answer.

'Okay Elsa, you can do this...' She thought to herself, and with a trembling hand, she tapped slightly on his shoulder.

"God dammit, what!?" He finally snapped, ripping off his headphones and turning to face her. Elsa jumped slightly in her place.

"H-hey.. uhm, I'm Elsa and we were... paired for the project-" She tried to say without sounding too nervous, and failing miserably, of course. He just stared at her, typical scowl adorning his face.

"Yeah, so?" He finally said. Elsa took his answer as an opportunity to take the seat beside him, earning an even larger scowl than before.

"So.. I was wondering what company you would like to investigate? I was thinking about Coca-Cola since their commercials are always so good or maybe-" She started.

"Look, princess" He said interrupting her as he stood up from his seat. "I don't really care about this project. So, good luck" and he made his way out of the class without another word.

"You're dismissed" Prof. North coincidently announced. Everyone rushed out of the class, but Elsa just stood still in her place, with her jaw still on the floor.

Prof. North scanned the class room, and smiled slightly when he saw Elsa still on her place.

He made his way to her.

"What's keeping you today, Miss Winters?" He asked with a warm smile, causing Elsa to snap out of her state of shock. "How's going with your new partner?" He asked again.

Elsa pursed her lips nervously. 'Why lie to him?' Maybe if she told him that everything was disastrous he would switch her with someone else, and she won't fail this subject.

"Well.. Actually, pretty bad" She started to say. Prof. North looked at her with a slight frown. "Truthfully, I don't think it's going to work out. Maybe you could switch me wi-"

"Elsa" He said, and she closed her mouth at the sudden interruption. "We both know that you're my best student" He said, and she nodded slowly. "Your projects and works are always flawless, you always manage to make a perfect score, and I'm really pleased with that" He added "I know how Jack can be, he's a really difficult person; that's why I trusted you to be his partner, because I think you're capable making it work. Yes, it is a challenge, but if you play your cards well, I'm sure you can find a way of working on this with him" He explained. Elsa opened her mouth to complain, but before she could say anything, North continued "But if you really want to switch partners, then go for it" He said, and she was about to scream yes. "But it'll be a huge disappointment".

Damn it.

North has pushed Elsa's buttons.

He said that awful word.