Twenty Five

25.

Jack was trying hard not to die of embarrassment.

The way to Elsa's dorm consisted in her father looking straight to him through the rear view mirror, and her mother turning to look at them every once in a while with dreamy eyes and a knowing smile.

Why she was looking at them that way, he had no idea. So he just smiles incredibly awkwardly at her and tried to ignore Adgar's gaze that was threatening to burn through his skull.

What bothered him most, it that Elsa seemed completely oblivious about everything while he was about to jump out of the car.

And it all turned worst once they arrived.

Just as they entered the dorm, Elsa had the brilliant idea to take a shower (not that he actually blamed her) and Elsa's mom entered the room as well to make sure Elsa didn't have any problems. The rest of Elsa's friends arrived right after.

Just to summarize, let's say that Jack had never been so thankful of someone not knowing about his reputation. Kristoff was some kind of gift sent from God right now. Both of them were leaning against the 'kitchen' wall while the rest of Elsa's friends, including Anna and her father, were on the living room in silence.

Everybody was with their gaze stuck on him, he even cleared his throat at least 6 times in hopes of giving them a hint that their gazes were not discreet at all, but it seemed that it made them look at him even more intensely.

He cleared his throat again.

"Hey, are you okay man? Do you need some water or..?" Kristoff asked concerned, noting that Jack had already cleared his throat 7 times. Jack was about to face palm himself.

"No thanks, I'm fine" He said with a forced smile. Still, god bless Kristoff and his cluelessness, it was saving him from being alone.

Kristoff shrugged and began talking about probably his dog again, Jack was really trying to pay attention and ignore the intense gazes, until someone tapped on his shoulder.

Jack blinked in surprise and gazed down at Anna.

Great, now she surely would ask him to leave and to leave her sister alone and to not even breath nea-

"Thank you" Anna said, looking everywhere but his eyes. Jack jaw dropped a bit.

He was about to ask her to repeat what she said.

"Thank you for saving my sister" Anna said struggling with her words, while playing awkwardly with her hair. Jack was still speechless. "What-What I mean to say is..." She said finally looking at his eyes. She inhaled deeply. "I'm sorry"

"W-What?" Jack nearly chocked. He had no idea what on earth this girl was talking about.

"I'm sorry, Jack. I'm sorry for judging." She said. "Elsa was right about you" She whispered. Jack's breath hitched.

"Right about what?" Jack asked.

"Everything, really" She said shrugging. "She said that you deserved a chance, and that we didn't know you to judge" She quietly said. "She really struggled to be you friend you know? She told me that you ignored her at the beginning... but she refused to give up. She really wanted to become your friend" She said, and Jack's eyes widened. "There was even a time when she came and asked me how she could show you that she really wanted to be your friend, even if you didn't want to" She recalled with a small smile gazing down the floor, while Jack was staring at her in disbelief. "She really tried to make me understand that you were not what people really said, and that I shouldn't listen to rumors... But I didn't listen, and for that I'm sorry, because she was right." She looked at him again "She cares about you a lot, you know?" She asked. 'Yes, I know' Jack just stayed quiet. "And I can see now, that you care about her a lot too." Jack's heart stopped, and he inevitably blushed. "I know you're going to take care of her, Jack... And I really hope you can forgive me. I also hope we can be friends" She said sincerely.