• Sixteen •

16.

After Monday events, Elsa tried hard to avoid talking to North, not precisely because she didn't want to, it was more because of the things he said, and how she felt about them. She was still speechless after their chat, and she was sure she was still going to be if he asked her to talk again. But still, she felt really grateful of it in some part. At least now she knew who to call if Jack was in trouble again. Now she had someone to help her, and last but definitely not least; now she knew that there was someone caring and silently watching after Jack.

She didn't mention Jack anything. She thought that there was a clear reason in why no one knew that Jack's tutor was Prof. North. Nicholas St. North was one of the most famous and lovable professors of the campus. Everybody knew him, even if he taught only for Business students. Jack Frost was also well known, if that wasn't already obvious. So she came to the conclusion that no one knew about their relation.

Luckily, Jack was recovering incredibly quickly. Today was already Thursday, and he attended to class the rest of the week. His bruises could be hardly seen, and his body didn't ache anymore.

Elsa and Jack spent almost all of those days together. They spent the days working, watching movies and walking through the campus.

Elsa could finally said out loud, she could finally said that they were friends. And she was sure that he considered her a friend as well. There were some moments when they were just talking about random stuff, and he mentioned her little sister, like what food she liked, or what she used to do or say. He didn't talk about his parents that much, but it was clear to Elsa that her little sister couldn't get out of his head. The conversations didn't go too deep, it was just him recalling some of his happy memories, and Elsa was always happy to listen to whatever he got to say.

He also told her about a few jokes and pranks he did in high school, that she had a hard time picturing in her mind. It all sounded too surreal. It was pretty difficult to picture Jack playing (incredibly) good pranks at people, or him laughing out loud at all.

Even thought he was opening up about his past, Elsa couldn't help but see the slight sadness that shinned in his eyes when he recalled memories. He missed that life. He missed being that unknown Jack to her. He missed being past Jack.

It was sad to think that he was never going to be that person again. His parents were a big part of that Jack. And so was her sister, and his old friends, and his old home.

Was he really never going to find happiness again?

She knew he will once he decided to move past those memories. Once he finally realized that he could find another kind of happiness. One that wasn't in the past. One that would finally make him want to look towards the future.

Obviously, she didn't mean he needed to forget about his past, he just had to stop living in an illusion of it.

Still, she didn't know how to let him know. She just hopped he'll realize soon. Until then, she was going to listen to him, to whatever he needed to say.

x

It was a rainy day again, and way colder that the past days.

After cleaning herself up and picking her outfit for the day, that consisted in a navy stripped wool sweater, black slim skirt-shorts, black translucent tights, black booties a maroon scarf with a maroon purse as well. She braided her hair in to her signature braid.

Anna didn't have classes today, so she was still snoring soundly in her room. Elsa giggled quietly, and got out of her dorm, making her way towards The Golden Bean. It's been like five days since her last visit, and she knew she wouldn't survive another day without her precious mocha.