Thirty Nine

39.

Flynn words made her thought for a few hours that day.

He was right, partially. She knew it kind of wasn't Jack's fault, she knew he had no interest in Vanessa whatsoever, and maybe if they had shared intimacy in the past, which could totally mean no feelings in between. Just by remembering how Jack was a few month ago, she was sure that he was capable –at that moment- of having absolutely no feelings for any girl, no matter what kind of relationship or pact they shared.

Still, there was something that kind of bother her, and it was the fact that she did told him about Vanessa. She did warn him. He knew how she felt about the whole deal, he knew what Vanessa told her, and considering that they were in a relationship for days, she was expecting him to be a bit more considerate with her.

Maybe if she did not tell him everything, she wouldn't react the way she did. Firstly, because she already receive a heads up from Vanessa. Secondly, because he wouldn't have any idea of it.

But it's already done. She reacted that way, and no one could really blame her about doing so. Dramatic? Was she really? She just saw her boyfriend being kissed by some whore. Who wouldn't react that way? Anyone in the same situation would do the same; or they would storm of like she did, or collapse in tears right then and there, or they would probably kick their boyfriend's butt.

Their relationship was just a few days old and it seemed that every way they turned they were greeted with a bucket of ice cold water all over their heads.

She just needed to let the impotence and steam off, luckily Flynn came by today. He was right about that as well, if he was the one telling her to forgive Jack, even when he should be jumping on one feet while singing 'We Are The Champions' by Queen, it meant that she really should talk to Jack.

It was around 3 p.m. already, and she knew that Jack finished his classes by now. She tried to call him a few times but it sent her directly to voice mail. She frowned, that was odd.

Still, she shrugged it off and picked some comfy and simple clothes. She decided for a pair of high-waisted black fitted jeans and a grey fitted cotton shirt. She quickly laced her adidas superstars and after braiding her –now clean- hair, she grabbed her car keys and got out of her room.

She was feeling kind of impatient now, that's why she decided to drive there instead of taking the mini-bus. She really wanted to see him.

After finally parking in the Blue Star Building's parking lot and after having a small conversation with Tadashi and his little brother Hiro (Why every time she was here she came across them?), she was finally in front of Jack's door and her poor heart was about to explode.

'Just knock, Elsa'

She said, but started making some breathing exercises. Gosh, she was so nervous.

After another few minutes trying to relax, she finally knocked.

He didn't open for what seemed like hours. But when he did, a big scowl was obvious in his face, that it made Elsa back up just a bit.

Of course, the scowl was instantly replaced for a shocked look once his icy blue eyes laid on her.

He gazed at her like she was some kind of ghost or spirit, making Elsa shift uncomfortably in her place, with her eyes traveling from his eyes, to the floor, to the wall, and to his eyes again.

"Elsa" Jack said in complete disbelief, almost breathlessly.

"Hey" She awkwardly said giving him a pathetic wave. "You- uh... You didn't pick up your phone" she said, feeling the embarrassed blush creeping on her cheeks.