• Fifteen •

15.

She was observing him as he slept, observing every little detail of him. She's been doing this for some time now. She woken up a while ago, but since he looked so peaceful, she didn't want to move and wake him up. So she just stayed there, laying besides him, staring.

Yesterday (or today) had been pretty intense, too many revelations were now on her mind and she couldn't stop thinking about them, not even for a second.

Everything changed, and everything started to make a bit more sense.

She couldn't help but admire him, it was like he was some kind of a hero, some kind of survivor.

And in a certain way he was. Even if she truly believed that what happened wasn't his fault, he believe that it was, or at least he did till yesterday. Still, that didn't change the fact he believed that of himself for years. She wasn't even sure when did it happen, two years ago at least.

Two years or more thinking he's a murderer.

Most people wouldn't even last a month on his shoes, and he lasting two or more years surely made him a hero.

"I know you're awake" Elsa said softly, she had noticed him waking up a few minutes ago. She didn't know how he knew she was awake though.

A tiny but playful smirk appeared on his lips, almost imperceptibly.

"You staring was creeping me out" he said, not opening his eyes yet. "Are you planning to kill me?" he asked jokingly.

"Not yet" Elsa said with a playful smirk. Jack let out a short chuckle.

"Not yet?" He asked, turning to her now. She shook her head. "Then when?"

"Probably the next time you drink like last night" she answered and he let out another short chuckle.

"I'll keep that in mind" he tried to seat down but quickly hissed in pain, Elsa immediately pushed him down to bed again.

"I think you need to rest" She said.

"They're just bruises, it's not like I'm dying" Jack complained as he watched her stand up.

"I wasn't suggesting" she simply said. He just stared at her slightly dumbfounded. "It's almost noon already, do you want me to cook you lunch?" Elsa asked.

Jack made an uncomfortable and slightly embarrassed face. Elsa narrowed her eyes at him.

"You don't have anything in your kitchen, right?" She said raising an eyebrow. The awkward look in his face told her that she was right. "How do you manage to survive without home cooking?" she asked "I'll bring you lunch" She said, and picked her phone and car keys.

She read the message on her phone.

Okay, pls call me the sooner you can. Luv u- Anna.

"Are you leaving?" Jack asked, making her look to him.

"I'll be back with lunch" she assured. "I'll just want to take a shower, and let Anna know that I'm okay" she explained. He gazed at her for a moment to then slowly nod "What do you want to eat?"

"It's Sunday" he stated.

"Yeah?" She asked not quite understanding.

"That means junk food" He explained like it was obvious. "Let's eat pizza"

"At noon?"

"Pizza is perfect at all times" he stated. Elsa rolled her eyes and giggled.