Thirty

30.

It was hell of a lot more difficult than he thought.

The whole following week, consisted in Jack attempting to create the 'perfect moment', or just any kind of moment to tell Elsa how he felt, and failing miserably.

Yes, there were a lot of failed attempts. But there were a few ones he recalled most. One of them was in the ice rink, where he crashed a poor kid and almost broke his leg since he was not paying attention because of his nervousness. Other when he managed to get her out of the house by telling her he needed a walk (in the freezing wind) but being interrupted by a short business man named Weaselton that started talking to Elsa for hours in the freezing street. Other one consisted on him getting soaked in coffee (one he preferred not to talk about, and hundreds of other interruptions by Anna. He really started to think that she has the worst timing on the world.

Screw that, he knew she has the worst timing in the world.

He actually started to think that maybe the universe was conspiring against him, he just couldn't believe how many times he tried and failed. Maybe it was destiny or some kid of shit like that? Maybe he just needed to wait and see, leave it all to god or the universe or whatever.

Days were passing quickly, but everyday he had an amazing time. He came to the conclusion that the Winters were really amazing. Even though they had left pretty good first impressions when he first met them (a day he hated to recall) he wasn't expecting them to be the way they were. After all, they're probably one of the most powerful family in the world. He was quite surprised that the whole week they took care of the house themselves. He just couldn't understand how people that were accustomed to live in luxury, send their whole staff to spend the Holidays with their families (of course, every person in the world let their employees leave, but only for Christmas and New Year, not the whole week). But, they actually enjoyed having the house for themselves, and act like a normal family.

Another thing he realized was that Adgar and Idun weren't the expected couple of rich parents that only thought about money and work. Sure, they were both busy adults, but they always had time for they daughters, Elsa and Anna always came first. Family always came first.

That was probably the main reason why they were having such a great time. They did a lot of things these days, including movie marathons, ice skating, snowball fighting, going to the cinema, walking around the crowded streets of New York City. The Winters were really treating him and North like family, and he was really thankful about it. He hadn't felt awkward in his whole stay yet, and neither did North.

Everything was perfect except for his constant failed attempts and because of the insisting texts Tooth send him every day. He of course, ignored them all, and he already asked Nic to change him his phone number. North agreed, but he told him that after the Holidays he'll take care of it, so now he'll just ignore her.

He felt bad for Aster, he really did. He didn't know what Tooth's deal was, he really didn't care. He was just merely surprised that she claimed to love Aster but yet she didn't leave him alone. Probably Aster had no idea of anything, but there was not a minimal chance of him getting involved. After all, Aster was practically begging for trouble.

"Good morning, Jack" Elsa said, and took a seat beside him. Jack lifted his gaze to her and smiled.

"Hey, princess" He greeted.

It was around 9 a.m. and today was New Year's Eve, and by the look on Elsa's face, she was really excited.

"How did you sleep?" Elsa asked, while she pinched some pancakes with her fork and grabbed bacon.