Chapter 1

KA-CHAK!

I put my camera back into focus as I tried to snap another picture of the roaring waterfall in front of me.

Many of my friends found me weird because of my hobbies. I didn't get what the big deal was. What's wrong with taking pictures?

Photos were windows into the soul. They revealed the memories you treasured the most, the things you were afraid to lose and the dreams you wished to achieve.

I wasn't one to keep up with the latest trends. My friends were always going on about the latest boy group, the latest drama, the hottest music. Me? I was more focused on the best place to get more beautiful photos.

I took a few steps backwards as I tried to get the perfect angle of the beautiful waterfall.

OOF!

I realized I accidentally bumped into someone and quickly spun around to apologize.

"Oh my gosh! I'm really sor-".

I stopped and stared at the weirdly dressed person behind me.

He was dressed in an all-black outfit with sunglasses, a cap and a mask. There was no way to see his face with all the stuff he was wearing. He was holding a camera and I realized he was also trying to get a shot of the waterfall.

I was too busy trying to get the perfect shot that I didn't notice anyone else in the area.

"S'okay," he mumbled as he shuffled aside and tried to get another shot.

"You can have my spot," I offered and stepped aside. He seemed to hesitate for a few seconds but he eventually gave in and stood right in front of the waterfall.

I waited for a few seconds as he took a picture.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I said as I stared at the rushing water.

He nodded and mumbled something beneath his mask.

"Hmm? I can't hear you."

He slowly reached up and pulled off his mask.

"I said, even the camera can't seem to capture it's real beauty."

I smiled at what he said.

"I know what you mean. I wish I could bring the waterfall home with me and put it in my room. Then I can stare at it all day."

He laughed and turned to look at me.

"You have a weird way of thinking."

"I know," I said matter-of-factly and stuck my hand out. "My name's Nana."

He hesitated but eventually reached for my hand.

"....Myung...soo.." he mumbled as he shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled at him. "So..you like taking pictures?"

He nodded vigorously.

"It helps me to release my stress after a long day. Just me, my camera and a beautiful view."

"Me too!" I exclaimed. "I never understood why people didn't get the excitement in taking pictures. I would be willing to travel the world just to get the perfect shot."

He smiled. I realized he had sort of a crooked smile with a dimple on his right cheek.

"Hey..are you doing anything after this?" he asked. "Because I know of a quiet cafe nearby."