Chapter 27

"Could you pass me the tape?" I called over to SaRang at the counter. It was a Wednesday afternoon at the bookshop and we were sticking up posters for the new book titles that have just arrived.

It has been a few weeks since I attended the Music bank pre-recording. I attended a few more pre-recordings and a live show since then. I was happy to see Myungsoo but we were only able to make small talk each time I saw him.

SaRang passed me the tape dispenser just as the bell at the door rang, signaling the arrival of a new customer.

"Hi! Welcome!" SaRang called out. Our bookshop had an unspoken rule that at least one staff member had to greet customers as they entered the shop so I paid no attention to the new customer, leaving SaRang to entertain him.

"Nana.." a voice called softly. I turned around to see that the new arrival was wearing the usual mask, cap and sunglasses. Myungsoo was grinning as he pulled off his mask. "Thought I'd drop by for a visit."

I enveloped him in a hug. "What are you doing here? What about your promotions?" I asked him.

"Promotions have ended. The last goodbye stage was yesterday night," he shrugged. "The world tour starts in a few days and I have to get ready for it but I though we could go on a date...tonight?"

"Tonight?" I asked, surprised. I looked at SaRang who was standing behind Myungsoo, nodding vigorously. "Well, I don't have any plans so I guess that's okay..."

Myungsoo grinned. "Great! I have a few errands to run but I'll be back to pick you up once you get off work," he said, pulling on his mask again.

"Nice to see you again," he nodded at SaRang. "Take care of my girl, you hear?" she replied, half-joking.

"Yes, ma'am," he called out as he left the shop.

"Looks like someone has a date tonight," SaRang teased. I rolled my eyes and continued with my work, wondering what Myungsoo had planned for tonight.

As promised, Myungsoo was waiting in front of the bookshop 5 minutes before closing time. He waited as SaRang and I closed and locked up the shop.

"So where are we going?" I asked as I got into his car. Myungsoo just smiled. "You'll see."

We drove for quite awhile, chatting about the day. Finally, we stopped in front of a gate with a big sign next to it.

"Petite France?" I asked him as we walked towards the gates. "What is this place?"

"It's a French-style theme park. I thought you would enjoy visiting an interesting place like this."

"But it's closed." I said, pointing at a sign with the operating hours. "They closed at 6pm."

Myungsoo grinned at me. "Don't worry about that," he said, pushing the gates open. "I rented this place for the evening so we wouldn't be bothered."

I stared at him with wide eyes. "You rented this whole place?!"

"Yeah. I figured it's the least I could do to make up for all the times when we couldn't go on dates like normal couples," Myungsoo said, shrugging.

The place was brightly lit up with lights draped around the trees and the French-styled houses. There was even a miniature version of the Eiffel tower in one corner. The whole place looked like something out of a fairy tale.

"Do you like it?" Myungsoo asked.

"It's beautiful!" I answered. "I wish I brought my camera."

Myungsoo laughed. "Sorry, I wanted it to be a surprise so I didn't tell you beforehand. We'll come back here another time with our cameras," he said, smiling.

We walked around while Myungsoo pointed out the various places in the park where they filmed dramas and variety shows. We sat in the chair Jun Ji-Hyun sat in when filming My Love from the Star and ran up the stairs where they filmed Running Man.

Finally, we came to a courtyard with a fountain right in the middle. Surrounding the fountain, there were tables and chairs from the restaurants and gift shops that were normally opened in the day time.

"Come on, let's take a break for awhile," Myungsoo said, taking my hand and guiding me to a bench. The moment we were seated, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box.

 "I know that after tonight, we won't be able to see each other for a few months so I wanted to give you something to remember me by," he said, softly.

I gasped as I opened the box to find the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen. It was a silver chain with a diamond heart dangling from it. Below the heart was another smaller charm in the shape of the infinity symbol. 

"This means that my love for you is infinite," Myungsoo said as he helped me to put it on.

"Thank you so much! I love it!" I beamed at him. 

Myungsoo leaned in and his lips met mine in a gentle kiss. After awhile, he pulled back and put his hand around my shoulder, pulling me close to him. "I love you," he murmured, kissing the top of my head as I leaned against his shoulder. "I love you too," I whispered back.

"It's getting late. I should probably get you home," Myungsoo finally said after awhile, taking my hand and leading me to the car.

As we walked out the gate, I thought I saw a flash of light but didn't think much of it. I was too caught up in the events of the night and I couldn't help thinking that this was the best night ever. But I couldn't be more wrong.