Chapter 16

It was late when we finally left Myungsoo's dorm and we were famished.

Myungsoo suggested we have dinner at a cafe nearby before I return home for the day.

"You're not wearing your mask and sunglasses?" I asked him just as he was locking his front door.

Myungsoo paused as if contemplating on whether he should go back in to get them.

Finally, he shrugged. "It's late and pretty dark out so there shouldn't be a problem. Besides, it's just a small, quiet cafe nearby."

The cafe was a 10 minutes walk from the dorms. It was pretty small place and there weren't many people there. Other than a guy using his computer at the corner of the shop, we were the only ones around.

"Take a seat," Myungsoo nodded at the empty tables around us. "I'll get us something to eat. Do you like pasta?"
I nodded.

Myungsoo ordered two plates of spaghetti and meatballs and brought them to the table.

"Thanks!"

"Don't mention it," Myungsoo said, putting a plate of spaghetti in front of me. "It's only right I buy you dinner since I made you come all the way here."

I laughed and took a bite of the pasta. "This is really good!"

Myungsoo smiled. "Yeah, they have pretty decent pasta," he said, taking a bite.

"I feel bad that you always pay when we meet up. So the next meal's on me. Deal? " I asked him.

Myungsoo lifted his eyebrows. "Should I assume you're already planning our next date?" he teased.

"D- Date?" I spluttered.

Myungsoo put his fork down and looked at me. "Nana, you know, being with you is the most fun I've had these days. It's nice to talk to someone who shares the same interests as me. Someone who gets it, you know? Someone who doesn't just see what they want to see about me but someone who sees the real me."

I didn't really get what he was trying to say but I nodded. "I like spending time with you too.."

"It's not just that.." Myungsoo ran his hand through his hair. "I mean, you are different..than other girls..you-"

Just then, a group of teenage girls came into the cafe, talking noisily with each other. Myungsoo shifted in his seat uncomfortably and pulled his jacket so that it partially covered his face .

"What's wrong?" I asked Myungsoo. I was getting a bit concerned with his strange behavior.

Myungsoo shook his head. "Nothing," he sighed. "I guess I just don't know how I should say what I want to."

I laughed. "What do you want to say?"

Myungsoo looked at me and sat up straighter in his seat. "What I'm trying to say is...will you be m-"

"OH MY GOSH!" one of the girls shouted. I whipped my head around, trying to see what made her so alarmed. Then I realized that she was looking at Myungsoo.

"L!!" she shouted.

I looked at him quizzically. Myungsoo seemed to shrink in his seat.

The girl rushed over to our table.

"You're L, aren't you?? I'm a huge fan!!"

Myungsoo shook his head. "You've got the wrong guy. I'm not L."

"Don't lie!!" the girl shouted. "I've been to all your concerts."

"I said I'm not him," Myungsoo insisted.

"Oh yeah? Maybe I can get one of my friends here to confirm that you are L." She turned around to call one of the other girls over.

That's when Myungsoo grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door.