Chapter 3

"So how did you spend your weekend?" My colleague and friend, SaRang, asked from behind a mountain of books.

A new shipment of books have just arrived at the bookshop and we were busy shelving them in their respective categories.

I shrugged. "Same old, same old. Going around, taking pictures...oh, and I found a photo buddy."

"Photo buddy?" SaRang raised a brow.

"Something like a travel buddy, I guess. We're supposed to go around and take photos together."

"Huh. That's an interesting idea. So who's this photo buddy of yours?"

"Some guy named Myungsoo. I've only just met him but he seemed keen to have a photo buddy."

SaRang's eyes grew wide. "SOME RANDOM GUY ASKED YOU OUT?"

I looked at her, confused. "He didn't ask me out. He asked me to be his photo buddy."

"He's using that as an excuse to ask you out," she insisted. "Did he give you his number?"

"Well..yeah.."

SaRang squealed in delight. "Nana, that's great!! You've never had a boyfriend before so this could be your big chance. How is he? Is he handsome? Is he rich?"

"Wait..hold on. We don't know if he's interested in me. He just seemed like he needed a friend. Let's not get carried away."

SaRang sighed. "Why don't you believe me? Just ask him out!!"

"Wait, what?" I stared at her incredulously. "I can't ask a stranger out!"

"He gave you his number, didn't he? Just tell him you thought of a great place to take pictures," she suggested.

"Well.."

"Just do it. You'll thank me later," she insisted before walking off with a stack off books.

I rolled my eyes and continued shelving the books. But my thoughts drifted to Myungsoo. Though I was quite certain he didn't see me as more than a photo buddy, I was genuinely curious about him.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and stared at the blank message screen. I slowly started to type out a message.

Hey..I was thinking of inviting you out..

I quickly deleted the message. Too desperate. I have to phrase this message properly.

Hey, I'm planning to take some photos at Nami island this weekend. You wanna come along?

My thumb hovered over the 'Send' button. After a few minutes, I sucked in a huge breath and pressed 'Send'.

My heart started beating fast and I began to regret sending him the message.

I continued shelving the books but checked my phone every few minutes to see if he replied.

After an hour, there was still no reply from Myungsoo. I began to have second thoughts.

Maybe he didn't really want to be my photo buddy. Maybe he was just being nice. Maybe he was just fooling around with me. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

I sighed and tried to focus on my work.

Just as I was closing the shop for the day, I heard my phone's message tone.

DING!!

I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket and stared at the screen.

See you at 10am on Saturday.