Chapter 12

"So where did the mysterious date turned out to be?" SaRang asked from behind a pile of books.

"Firstly, it wasn't a date. He called it an outing. Secondly, it was in Everland theme park. And thirdly, do you know where to shelve this particular title?" I waved a book in the air so she could see it.

SaRang peeked out from behind the stack of books. "Over by the children section."

It was Monday evening and the bookstore wasn't busy so SaRang took the opportunity to grill me about the outing I had with Myungsoo.

SaRang scrunched up her face. "Why did he take you to Everland theme park? That's not romantic."

I shrugged. "I don't know. I guess he wanted to just let loose and have fun."

"But it's not romantic," she pouted. "What did you do there?"

"We went on the wooden roller-coaster, we went to feed animals at the petting zoo, we ate burgers and..oh right.."

I pulled out my handphone. "We made a bet which we both lost so we have to make this our wallpaper," I showed SaRang the picture of Myungsoo and I with our funny dates in front of the tree.

"I can't really see his face with those huge sunglasses of his," SaRang complained.

"Hey, you're lucky he took off his mask for that picture. Or else you  won't see his face at all."

"What's with all the secrecy anyway?" SaRang asked.

"It has nothing to do with 'secrecy'. He just have sensitive skin and..can't come into direct contact with the sun..for long."

"What, you mean like a vampire?" SaRang laughed. "Is he allergic to garlic too?"

I glared at her in annoyance.

"Okay, okay. Sorry. Just pulling your leg," SaRang apologized. "It's just that it seems so suspicious to be hiding his face like that. I mean, doesn't he use sunblock? That could work, right?"

I sighed. "I don't really know and it just doesn't seem right to ask him about it. I mean, what if he really does have a serious skin disease or something like that?"

"But you've seen him without the mask and sunglasses, right? Does he have flaky skin? Or light patches of skin on his face?"

I shook my head. "He has...really nice skin, actually."

"Then you should be really careful around him," SaRang warned. "He might be hiding his face because he's wanted by the government or something. He might be a criminal...or a terrorist!"

I laughed. "I think someone's been watching too many movies"

"Hey..you never know," SaRang shrugged. "I'm just saying..be careful.."

"Would it make you feel any better if I introduced him to you?"

SaRang stroked her chin, thoughtfully. "Maybe..you think you can arrange that?"

"I'm actually going to his dorm to look at some of his photographs this Sunday. Maybe I could ask him to drop by one of these days."

"Wait! You're going to his dorm? By yourself?" SaRang stared at me with wide eyes.

"Well, yeah.."

"Nana, you barely know the guy. What makes you think it's safe to go to his dorm alone?"

"Because I know him!" I insisted.

"Oh yeah? What's his surname?" SaRang asked.

"I...um.."

"Exactly my point. Nope, you're not going to his dorm unless you introduce him to me first!"

"You're not my mum! And his surname isn't important!" I shouted.

SaRang sighed. "I care about you and I don't want anything to happen to you. Could you please do this? For me? If he seems like a decent guy then I promise I'll stop bugging you about it."

I sighed. "Fine, but I don't even know whether he's free to swing by."

"You can just try?" SaRang pleaded.

"Okay, okay." I took out my phone and dialed Myungsoo's number.

"Hello?" Myungsoo answered on the third ring.

"Hey..I'm sorry but are you free today? I have a favor to ask of you..."