Chapter 28

BBRRRIIIINNNGGG!!

I groaned as I rolled over in bed, trying to reach for my phone. It was a Sunday morning, three days after my date with Myungsoo. He just texted me last night saying that he will leave for the world tour with the rest of Infinite early this morning.

BBRRRIIIINNNGGG!!

"Hello?" I mumbled into the phone.

"NANA!!!" the voice on the other end of the line was frantic.

"SaRang?" I asked, sleepily. "What's wrong?"

"Nana, did you see the article Dispatch just released?" she asked.

"Article? What article?"

"I'll send you the link. One of Dispatch's reporters must have seen you and Myungsoo out on your date. I know it might seem bad but listen, I'm here for you. Call me after you read the article," SaRang said before hanging up the phone.

I felt my heart drop as I opened up the link that SaRang sent me. The first thing that popped up was a picture of Myungsoo and I, hand-in-hand as we walked back to the car. I suddenly recalled the flash of light and realized that it was the flash of a camera.

I swiped down and began to read the article below the picture.

There has been significant talk among INFINITE fans for a while now that member L is dating someone, and the evidence that have been compiled by internet users as of now is indeed staggering.

Pictures of L and an unknown female have surfaced on the net. The unknown female is said to be Nana who works in XX bookshop.

She was also spotted at an Infinite fan-meeting in Jeju Island a few months ago. Fans who attended the fan-meeting claims that L addressed her as a 'childhood friend' but netizens seem to think otherwise.

More recently, pictures of the two talking intimately at some of the music shows have been leaked onto the net along with the latest picture of the couple hand-in-hand at Petite France.

After a day or so, a statement from L's agency Woollim flat out denying a relationship between the two was released.

"L and Nana are close childhood friends who grew up together in the same neighborhood," explained Woollim. "However, they are not dating like it has been said."

"INFINITE, including L, even now, are hard at work on their world tour," added the company.

It seems that certain Woollim reps have even spoken directly to various media outlets about the matter.

One report quotes a Woollim representative as saying, "Because L was handling his schedule overseas, it took us some time to confirm. He said they are simply friends. He wasn't aware of all the rumors floating around the internet and was quite shocked himself."

The statement continued, "He met Nana at the fan-meeting at Jeju and was delighted to be reunited with his childhood friend whom he has not seen in years. They have spent a little time catching up with each other since then."

Regarding the picture of the two at Petite France, the company simply replied "They were just hanging out as friends. Since there is a steep slope near the main gates of Petite France, L was probably just being a gentleman and held her hand to help his childhood friend down the slope."

So, despite a lot of hard work gathering a tremendous amount of evidence, Woollim has shot down netizen claims that L is indeed off the market.

I put my phone down, a million thoughts running through my head. Though we were careful not to be seen, there were still pictures of us together at the music shows.

And also, based on the statements from the Woolim reps, the 'childhood friend' comment made by Sunggyu at the Jeju fan-meeting was more crucial than I thought.

I staggered back to bed and pulled the covers over my head. As I let my thoughts drift back to the recent Dispatch article, I realized that I wasn't that upset that our relationship was exposed to the public. Instead, there was something Myungsoo did that tore me up on the inside and made me feel like screaming and bursting into tears at the same time.

He lied.