Chapter 6

"WAKE UP, SLEEPYHEAD!"

It was 10am on a Saturday morning. It has been 7 days since my outing with Myungsoo. A whole week. And he hasn't even contacted me once.

"WAKE UP! I wanna hit the mall before the crowds roll in!" SaRang shouted in my ear. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head.

"Five more minutes," I mumbled.

"Nope. Now. You need to get out of your slump."

According to SaRang, I seem to be acting a bit depressed these days because Myungsoo haven't called me. She thinks I need a break to unwind and relax...by dragging me to the mall.

"I'm not in a slump," I argued. "I'm just tired."

"Don't lie to me, Nana. I know you're upset because you haven't heard from this photo buddy of yours." She yanked the blankets off the bed.

I groaned and dragged myself out of bed.

"We made a promise. He was supposed to pick me up for this 'surprise' outing of his. If he was busy, he could have at least just called to tell me he was busy instead of making me wait around for his call," I complained as I pulled on a t-shirt and jeans.

"No more talking about him for today. Let's just enjoy ourselves." SaRang pushed me out the door.

We took the bus to the mall. There weren't many people there that early and we practically had the shops to ourselves.

We roamed around, looking at the different merchandise on sale.

"What do you think of this color?" SaRang waved a nail polish bottle in front of my face. The color in the bottle was a dark maroon.

I wrinkled my nose. "Too dark."

"How about this?" She held up a bottle with glitter and tiny stars in it.

"Too shiny."

SaRang huffed in frustration. "Then which color do you like?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I'm not really into makeup, clothes and fashion."

"Well, you need to learn to be interested in them. Girls have to make an effort to make themselves look beautiful. That's how they gain more confidence. Do you know that..."

I tuned out SaRang's lecture and continued to look around the shop, nodding once in a while so that she thinks I'm still listening.

I looked up and spotted a bookstore right across from the shop we were in and dragged SaRang along.

She shook her head. "Only you would want to go to a bookstore when you already work in one."

"They might have other travel books here that our bookstore might not carry." I argued. "I want to find a book with more information about different places so I can plan where to go for my next photo trip."

"Well...if that's what makes you happy.." SaRang said uncertainly.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine! Who needs a photo buddy anyway?"

But even as I flipped through the travel books, I couldn't help trying to guess which one of these different places Myungsoo was so eager to bring me to.

One month later

It's been more than a month since I last spoke to Myungsoo and I was getting more upset. Did he forget about his promise?

I pulled the covers over my head. I was going to sleep in and try to forget about my frustration.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I groaned and dragged myself out of bed. It was probably SaRang and another one of her 'ideas' to cheer me up.

I yanked the door open.

"I'm not in the mood to..." I felt my breathe catch in my throat as I realised who was standing at my front door.

Myungsoo smiled his crooked smile.

"Hey, Nana. Long time no see."