Chapter 22

Woohyun led me to a side door where a lone security guard was keeping watch.

Woohyun showed the guard the tag that he was wearing around his neck. The guard nodded and stepped aside to let him through.

"She's with me," Woohyun said before the guard could stop me.

He led me down several long hallways before finally stopping in front of a door.

"Alright. Head straight out this door and you will be able to see the room where the fans are waiting. From there, try to blend in with the crowd so no one will notice you don't have the tag to enter."

"But what about you?" I asked Woohyun.

Woohyun shook his head. "I have somewhere else I need to be."

I nodded and walked out the door. I looked back to see Woohyun walking back towards the dressing rooms that we passed and I knew...he was a member of Infinite too.

The room that I entered was full of people. Most of them were girls, holding big signs and waving the light sticks around.

I squeezed myself into the crowd and tried to blend in as Woohyun instructed.

After about 10 minutes, an announcer came onto the stage. The fans started screaming so loudly that I felt as if my eardrums were going to burst.

"Are you ready for Infinite??" the announcer was shouting into his microphone. The crowd shouted back in response.

Just then, an upbeat, retro-sounding song started playing and out walked the members of Infinite.

Everyone started waving and holding out their phones to get pictures of the members. I had to crane my neck to see past the sea of hands.

I spotted Woohyun on the stage, smiling and making hearts with his hands. It was weird seeing him act so differently in front of the fans.

I recognized the rest of the group as the guys I saw in Myungsoo's dorm the day I was there and realized that I have already met everyone in Infinite.

The tall guy who called me a sasaeng was there. As well as the feminine looking one.

Then finally, I saw Myungsoo. He was smiling and waving at the crowd.

"L!!" one girl near the stage shouted, waving her hands frantically.

Myungsoo laughed and reached out his hand to shake hers. The girl screamed in delight.

I felt my stomach twist into knots. I knew that this was called 'fanservice'. I knew that Myungsoo had to treat his fans like they were super important to him. But somehow I was not used to seeing him not as Myungsoo, but as Infinite's L up there on stage.

A song started and the members of Infinite fell into formation. Each of them dancing their part to the intro of the song.

I stood there and watched, mesmerized by their performance. I've heard Myungsoo sing before and knew he had a beautiful voice but it sounded amazing as his voice blended with the other members' voices in harmony. I found myself clapping along with the crowd as their performance ended.

They had a short break from performing and instead played some games, emitting laughter and screams from the fans.

I learned that Myungsoo was generally pretty quiet compared to the rest of the members and he gets embarrassed pretty quickly.

After the games, they performed a few more songs. One of them was the song that Myungsoo played on his guitar the day I visited his dorm.

Finally, the announcer addressed the crowd and told the fans to form a line. Staff members brought out tables and chairs onto the stage and Infinite sat behind the tables in a line.

Since this was my first time attending a fan meeting, I had no idea what was going on and squeezed myself in line.

Once the fans got into a messy line, the staff started directing the first few fans onto the stage.

I panicked, realizing that I would have to eventually see Myungsoo face to face. I wanted to run out through the front door but could see that the entrance was blocked by two big security guards.

I sighed and slowly followed the line of people. Luckily, I was not one of the first few.

The fans on stage were making their way down the line of members, stopping to talk to each one of them and letting them sign their albums.

I realized I never managed to get a copy of Infinite's album. I dug around my bag and found a piece of paper. At least I won't seem so odd appearing in front of Infinite empty-handed.

Finally, it was my turn to get up on stage. I took a big breath and climbed up the steps.